11. A PROBABILITY MAP

CHAPTER ELEVEN: A PROBABILITY MAP

"Your peace is more important than understanding why something happened the way it did"

---

The sound of chalk tapping was heard as Five and Elena have writing down so many equations, that they almost filled all the walls.

While they were writing the equations, Ruby was sitting on the floor, playing with Five's old toy truck while she was wearing the domino mask, pretending to be a superhero, like her dad.

"Oh. Okay, I think I've got something, Love" Five said and Elena walked over to Five to look at the equitation "It look good" she said "It's tenuous, but promising" Five said as the sound of footsteps approaching was heard and Luther entered the room.

"What is all this?" Luther asked before looking around at all the equations that was writing all over the walls.

"It's a probability map" Five answered as him and Elena was looking at the equations "Probability of what?" Luther asked as he walked farther into the room.

"Of whose death could save the world" Five replied as he glanced at Luther before looking back at the equations "We've narrowed it down to four" Elena said as Five was tapping a circled with the chalk.

"Are you two saying one of these four people causes the apocalypse?" Luther asked "No, we're saying that their death might prevent it" Five said "Oh" Luther said confused.

Luther then leaned closer "I'm not following" he whispered and Five turned to face Luther "Time is fickle, Luther. The slightest alteration in events can lead to massively different outcomes in the time continuum" Elena said "The butterfly effect. So all we have to do is find the people with the greatest probability of impacting the time line, wherever they may be, and kill them" Five explained and he jumped down from the bed before he grabbed a notebook and a pen, writing down the equations while Luther nodded but in a way like he wasn't sure if he understand it or not.

Luther walked closer to the wall and saw a name "Milton Greene. So who's he, a terrorist or something?" he asked as Five was listing down the names on his little notepad.

"We believe he is a gardener" Elena said and Luther snapped his head at the couple "You can't be serious" he said "I am. So Elena, Ruby and I will be leaving in a few minutes" Five said.

"Wait, you two are taking Ruby with you?" Luther asked "Of course" the couple said "Are you two insane?" Luther asked and Five looked at him "She's too young" Luther said "Ruby will not be watching, she will be waiting in the car with one of us. Beside she know that we are doing this for her" Elena said and Five nodded "Our daughter has always being our first priority, so if this is what it take, we will not hesitate" Five said "A parent protect, Luther, that's what give them meaning" Elena said.