5. THE EYE

CHAPTER FIVE: THE EYE

"You can't control someone's loyalty, no matter how good you are to them, doesn't mean they'll treat you the same. No matter how much they mean to you, doesn't mean they'll value you the same"

 No matter how much they mean to you, doesn't mean they'll value you the same"

---

After eating breakfast in bed, the family got in the car again before they drove to the lab.

The three then enter Meritech Prosthetics, it was a lab where the eye came from.

The family got into the elevator "Dad, mom, what are we doing here?" Ruby asked "We need to get some info about the eye that mom and dad found in the apocalypse" Five answered "So we can stop it?" Ruby asked and the couple nodded.

The elevator door opened and the three walked out and while holding the prosthetic eye in his hand, Five, Elena and Ruby were standing ten feet away from the receptionist's desk.

While they could hear indistinct chatter, the family looked around the room they were in. 

A man on crutches was being helped walk across the room before entering another room.

It didn't take long before a man in a lab coat came walking in, going towards the receptionist's desk, but he stopped when he saw the family "Uh, can I help you three?" the man asked causing Elena and Five to turn around.

Five took a quick look at the eye in his hand before him and Elena stepped closer to him "We need to know who this belongs to" he said, lifting up the eye so the man could see "Where did you get that?" the man asked "What do you care?" Five asked as he shook his head and the man raised his eyebrow.

"We...We found it...at a playground, actually" Elena started "Yeah, uh, must have just..." Five said before he paused and clicks his tongue "...Popped right out" he finished with a smile and the man nodded.

"We wanna return it to its rightful owner" Elena added.

"Oh...what thoughtful young kids" the receptionist said with a smile and Elena let out a smile, she have to get used to being in her younger body.

"Yeah. Look up the name for us, will ya?" Five said with a sharp tone while looking at the receptionist with a innocent smile on his face.

"Uh, I'm sorry, but patient records are strictly confidential. That means I can't tell you..." "Yeah, we know what it means" Five said, cutting him off.

"But I'll tell you two what I can do. I will take the eyes off your hands and return it to the owner. I'm sure he or she will be very grateful, so if I can just..." the man said and reach to grab the eye but Five moved his hand where he was holding the eye back "Yeah, you're not touching this eye" he said.

"Now, you listen here, young man and woman" the man said to them but then Five grabbed the man by his shirt's collar and pulled him down to his eye level before he glared at him causing the man to grunt.