20

Amusement

"Wake up!" I hear when I feel my bed shake. I rub my eyes, trying to adjust to the immediate light, and find Natalie shaking my bed trying to get me up.
"I'm up, I'm up." I shout, wanting her to stop shaking my bed. Once she hears my voice she stops shaking my bed but jumps on top of me, causing me to groan and push her to the side. She sits up, grabbing the pillow under her and playing it on top of her lap.
"How do you feel today?" She smiles gently, showing me that it's genuine. I think back on the night I just had, a roller coaster of emotions, a million thoughts going through my head. At first I would describe it as a terrifying feeling, not knowing what to expect, fearing the unknown. But in the end I would describe it as worth it. All those emotions I felt, all the times I doubted myself, all lead up to this amazing moment, making everything worth it.
"I feel amazing." I grin, pulling her into a hug. Natalie is the type of friend to notice when something is wrong, even though many people might overlook it she pays attention. She makes you feel comforted and feel like you can always talk to her about everything. We became friends in 5th grade, because some boy had pushed me off the swing. So her being her, she punched him in the face, causing him to get a bloody nose. She helped me up, making me feel like less of a fool, and made up some dumb excuse on how the boy got a bloody nose.
"Let's go out for the day. Go get ready." Natalie instructs with urgency, grabbing my hands, pushing me to the bathroom. I smile, then begin to do as she says, I wash my face, brush my hair, do my makeup, then go to my closet to find an outfit. I go with this black bodysuit and some blue baggy jeans. I pick my Samba's up 'I know basic' then grab a purse and I'm out my door, walking downstairs to eat some breakfast.
"OooOoo. Where are you going?" Liz awks, making me laugh. Liz and I met each other freshman year of high school, she had a class with me and we were both pretty quiet so I sat next to her and started conversations. They were pretty random, but almost every topic we talked about, we agreed on. She's a friend that I would go with to a different country for a vacation, or to live with. She seems shy at first but once you get to know her, she's one of the funniest people you'll ever meet. We became close really fast, I introduced her to Natalie and Bella, they got along immediately.
"I'm going out with Natalie." I reply, grabbing the cereal bowl and milk. I pour the milk into my cereal, then go sit at the table by Liz.
"Sounds fun!" She says, looking up from her book that she's reading. Liz is always reading, no matter the time. Boat ride? Has her book. Lecture? Has her book. Clubbing? Has her book. She always tells me about the books she reads, recommending them to me, then letting me borrow them after she's done reading.
"What are you doing today?" I return the question, trying to not make her feel uninvited.
She smiles at me, then walks over to grab some orange juice.
"I'm going out with Issac." She shyly smiles, not looking up from her glass. She eventually looks up, to which she is met to me with a shocked expression on my face. I had noticed what was going on between them, but I was sure so I didn't say anything.
"LIZ WHAT?" I shout, shaking her like she did to me last night. She begins laughing, her face turning red also. I immediately pull her, pushing her to her room, urging her to get ready. I don't know what time they're hanging out, but it never hurts to be ready early. I go back to wait on the couch for Natalie.

Jude The Cool Dude
What are you doing today?

I'm going out with Natalie. What
about you?

I have nothing to do. I'm bored.

That must suck. #can't relate
Have fun being bored all day!

I have an idea. Call me

"Hello" He answers the phone.
"Hi, What's your idea?" I ask, genuinely curious. You never know what you can expect for Jude.
"Why don't we just all hangout. I can bring Toby, that way you can hangout with your friend, while your hanging out with me. I know, I know, my plans amazing." He boasts, thinking he's very clever for what he came up with. I think about it for a minute, then go to Natalie's room to ask her about it.
"I'm asking Natalie now, I'll call you back." I respond, saying bye then hanging up the phone.
"Hey, would you be alright if Jude and Toby come?" I shyly ask, not wanting to be rude by inviting more people.
"Of course, I was hoping that would happen." She replies, grabbing her coat and shoes. I act shocked, but I kind of expected this to happen. Doesn't mean I'm mad about it, I'm actually kind of glad I can hangout with my boyfriend, while one of my best friends also being there but not third wheeling.
"Where are we going?" I ask her, not realizing I don't know all of the details yet. She looks at me, realizing she hadn't thought of that either.
"We could go to an amusement park!" I jump up, following her out her door.
"Oh my gosh yes." She gasps, clapping her hands together then grabbing out her phone to text Toby. I text Jude that he and Toby and come and where we're going, to which he responds with a thumbs up. We're almost immediately out the door, once we figure out whose driving.
"Okay, we need a game plan, because I kind of want to make a move on Toby." Natalie turns to me, buckling her seat belt. I smile at her, knowing Toby wants the same thing, so this is a great opportunity to do so.
"I think you and Jude need to go on some of the rides, without us at first, allowing me time to talk to him and blah, blah, blah. I'll text you when you can come back. Sorry the day was supposed to be just us." She feels bad, looking straight ahead at the road. I ask her to put in the address, so I can get the directions to the amusement park.
"Don't feel bad at all, if I was in your situation I would do the same thing." I reassure her, rubbing her back lightly. She smiles at me, then rests her head on the window, closing her eyes for a little bit.