36

Here we go

Last night was shocking to say the least. Jude reacted better than I would've thought, but now I can put that behind me and not have to worry about it anymore. I woke up at around 6:30 and had to be at work by 9 so I scrambled to get everything together and was surprisingly out the door by 7. I made my train which I was kind of nervous I would miss, and now I'm in my office talking with Tori.

"So, Jude was fine with it?" Tori confirms with a shocked tone of voice.

"Yeah, I had the same reaction as you. But yeah, he was oddly fine with it." I reply back, taking a sip of my smoothie that Tori got me.

"That's really weird. Anyways we should get to practice." Tori says as she points her head in the direction of the field. I look over and see all the players emerging from the locker room, so we decide to head down.

_____
We walk down and go to the back of the circle like usual and Xavi explains the plans for the day. They have a game in a couple of days, but after that they have international break, so today's practice is pretty light.

"Boyfriend confirmed as coming yet?" Pedri whispers in my ear as Xavi is explain the practice plan. I turn my head quickly, not even knowing he was standing right next to me.

"I haven't told him yet." I reply, facing forward.

"Oh! My bad. Should I count on him coming?" He counters with a tone full of sarcasm.

"Yes." I say, finally facing him. He puts his hands up in the air, claiming his innocence, then turns his attention back to Xavi. I assume since it's a light practice I will just be recording today so I go set up my stuff by the middle of the field where the team is warming up.

_____
Practice goes by pretty quickly which is honestly great because I still have to go home and tell Jude about the party. His practice will be over by the time I get back so he should be home.

"So, any news yet?" Pedri asks as he raps his arm around my shoulder. I turn to him and look shocked.

"What are you doing?" I say as I go to move his arm, but he forcefully keeps it there.

"Cameras are on us." He bends down and whispers into my ear. I slowly turn my head, but not all the way, and out of the corner of my eye I see a camera.

"I didn't text him. He wouldn't see it because he has practice right now dumbass." I groan, not wanting Pedri's arm around me.

"Just making sure. Text me when you know." He says as he winks at me and removes his arm from my shoulder. I roll my eyes and pick by up my equipment then make my way back to the car.

_____
Once I'm off the train, I get into my Uber that takes me home. I once again see Jude's car in the driveway, so I let myself in but don't see him on the couch. I put my equipment in the closet, then I go upstairs to our room. I walk in and see Jude on his phone with his back turned to me.

"Hey." I say which causes him to turn around.

"Hi." He replies, putting his phone down.

"Umm, Pedri invited us to a little 'get together'." I put it in quotations because you never know what to expect from Pedri.

"Us?" He questions.

"Yeah us. So will you go?" I confirm but wonder whether he is going to go or not.

"Sure. What time is it at?" He agrees and gets out of bed.

I look down at my phone from the text that Pedri sent me.