79

'I don't know why I'm so nervous.' I exhaled deeply, trying to calm myself down

'I am excited. I can't wait to see where you grew up.' Jimin was smiling at me, getting all excited as we were getting ready to go out

My dad called and asked us to come for dinner. He is still at the old house where we all lived together way back. I should be happy and excited, but I'm kind of scared, and I have zero reason to be. Luckily, I have Jimin. He is all chirpy, wanting to go and see it all. I suppose I would be the same if the roles were reversed.

'We're gonna find out together.' I chuckle uncomfortably

'Hey.' He walked up, gently holding my face and leaning my head back a bit so I could look at him. 'There is nothing to be afraid of. It's a house. We're not jumping out of a plane.' He jokes

'I can't argue that.' I smile. 'I'm so happy you're here, Jimin. As much as I wanted to come, I don't think I'd be able to go through it all on my own.'

'I would do anything for you.' He kisses my nose. 'Coming here with you was the best decision I ever made.'

'Not being with me?' I tease

'Come here, you little shit.' He ended up tickling me as a punishment, but quickly stopped it to kiss me all over my face. 'You're lucky you're so cute.' He pecks me gently, smiling at me. 'Now, let's go and see where my little demon grew up.'

'That's just rude.'

-----

'Is... is this it?' Jimin asks as we walk up the driveway to a house that does not look like it belongs in Manhattan. We've only been here 2 days, and all we've seen are tall buildings and scyscrappers. And this... This is a house. A more or less normal house. A gorgeous one, though.

 A gorgeous one, though

'I have no idea. It must be.' I mumbled in response, slowing down my steps a little as I looked at the house in front of me, trying to think of any memory, but nothing is coming to mind. My dad sent me the address, so we took a taxi. I didn't want him picking us up.

'Let's go!' He almost giggled, pulling me with him as he sped up to the house

'Do we knock?' He asks, looking at me. Until now, I didn't think of it. I can't just walk in, but it feels weird to knock.

'I-'

'You made it!' My dad opened the door as we were trying to figure out what to do, and made both of us jump a little

'Yeah. Hi, dad.' I chuckle

'Come on in! Come on in!' He grabbed me and Jimin by our forearms, pulling us inside.

The scent... It is familiar, but also so strange. This is creepy.

'Honey, you are here.' My mom ran to me, hugging me so tightly. She looks so happy. There is not a trace of that woman I knew 3 months ago. She is smiling. She is happy and giggling. And cooking. She has the apron on.