25

I got home to find it empty, but a note on the table.

Honey, there's food in the oven. I'm at work, and then I have my AA meeting. I will be home around 7.

I love you
Mom

She wasn't lying about the food part, at least, but at the moment, I wasn't hungry at all.

I walked past a mirror on my way to my room and caught a glimpse of my face. And oh. My. God. I am what Jimin usually is. Red and flustered. If anyone on the street saw me, they definitely thought I was insane.

I figured I'd shower to calm down a bit, but that didn't help much.

Sprawling on the bed like a starfish, I kept giggling out of nowhere, scaring myself with my behaviour.
The place where his lips touched my skin felt like it's burning every time I thought of it. And I couldn't stop thinking about it.

'Stop that. Idiot.' I told myself off, slapping myself from both sides gently. I really need to calm down. He didn't propose to me. He kissed me on the cheek.

He kissed me.

I shoved my head into my pillow and started squealing all over again. Nothing excited me this much in a long time.

With everything going on, I didn't even realise until this very moment. But all the flushing and being flustered. The times when I was uncomfortable because people kept talking about him badly. All the times I found him insufferably aforable. All the times I couldn't help but think about how beautiful he is. The times when I smile or giggle at him without trying to. Why I feel so safe and comfortable with him. And why my heart has been thumping away and my stomach's been doing flips.

I like him.

How was I so stupid not to notice it before?! And what the hell do I do now?

He's the only friend I have. A real one. The only person ever to know about my life, and not once did he try to judge me. He's been doing nothing but be nice to me and help me, and I've just let myself fall for him.

A great way to lose my only friend. I'm such an idiot.

Wait, why am I stressing?

I'm just not gonna say a thing. That's it. I won't tell him or show him that I like him in any way. He doesn't know, and he won't find out. I'll keep it hidden until my feelings seize. I'm good at that. I'll do that.

Or not.

My phone lit up on the bed next to me, and my heart went into a frenzy along with his name popping up on my screen.

Jiminie 🍅🍑
I'm sorry about earlier

I'm not.

Me
Nothing to apologize for, truly. Besides, the little one is way too adorable to say no to 🥺

Jiminie🍅🍑
He is a little spoiled shit, but I'm still working on telling him no part, so I have no one else to blame but myself

Me
We both know you won't say no to him. But it's a nice try 😋

Jiminie🍅🍑
And you will?

Me
Nope. Imma make him 10 times worse for you 😋

Jiminie🍅🍑
Yep. I'm not letting you two near each other again. You're worse than him 😔

Me
I know where you live 😁

Jiminie 🍅🍑
I moved. Just now.

That made me laugh a bit too much. It took me a second to compose myself.

Me
Damn it. I was just about to come kidnap the kid.

Jiminie🍅🍑
I moved back. Please take him. I'll pay you.

Me
This is gonna be one expensive kidnapping

Jiminie🍅🍑
Name your price

With every message he sends, my heart jumps like crazy. I'm in some deep shit.

Me
You put me on the spot. I'll need some time to think about it

Jiminie 🍅🍑
I'll give you until tomorrow at 8 AM

Me
Do I suffer any consequences if I don't think of a price? 😂

Jiminie🍅🍑
I'm not gonna lie, I'm absolutely lost. I think I confused myself. 🤦‍♀️ just take him. Free of charge.

Me
Now that I know how much you wanna get rid of him, I'm leaving him to you 😋

Jiminie🍅🍑
We'll go back to this tomorrow. The little idiot almost flooded the bathroom, so I gotta run 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ sorry

Me
😂😂😂 go, save him and the house. See you tomorrow. Good night 😊

Seen

I guess he was in a hurry. But I'm about to explode with happiness. This is the first time he has sent me a message. The first time we spoke like this.
I must have reread it about 15 times. I just started at the screen with his name on it, grinning at it like a moron.

I completely disregarded anything that I was supposed to be doing, and it was about 6 before I even realised. I only noticed because I had the front door open and close, so I went downstairs.

'Mom?' I called out

'Hi, honey! I'm in the kitchen!'

'Mom! You should have called me. Don't carry all that yourself!' She was putting down about 5 bags of food in the kitchen counter. Very heavy ones at that.

'Not my first time grocery shopping, honey.' She laughs. She seems okay. Happy even. Clean for sure. At least today. 'The fridge was a bit empty, so I went after my meeting.'

I walked over and started helping her put all the things in their place. 'How are the meetings?'

'I'm not gonna lie, it's not easy. It's not exactly the thing you wanna talk about. We have to talk about things that we certainly don't want others to know, and it makes you think about your actions and words. It's embarrassing, but I know I have to do it. I promised. And I'm not losing you.' She hugged me tightly, leaving a kiss on my hair

'I'm proud of you, mom. Just keep at it. If you feel it's too hard or you think you can't do it, tell me right away. I'm here for you, okay?'

'Thank you, honey. I know you are. You always were. I'm trying.'

'I know. Keep at it.'