3

'I'm home!' I called out, only to receive silence in return. I guess she's not home.

Or she is passed out. Fuck sake.

The TV was on full blast as she hung off the side of the sofa chair, a bottle half full under her fingers. Half of the bottle was spilt on the carpet, making a puddle that you could smell from the outside. A bottle of pills open on the coffee table in front of her tells me she had a fun one today.

I dropped my bag and took a deep breath to calm myself down before I started picking up empty bottles she left laying around.

'Mom. You need to get yourself to bed.' I nudged her, and she only hummed in her sleep, pushing my hand away

'Mom. Come on. We gotta go.'

I've done this more times than I can count. Clean up. Wake her up. Get her to bed. It's almost a daily routine at this point.

She hung around my neck as I dragged her to her room, tossing her on the bed.

'... fault... your fault...' she whined in her sleep, slapping her hand on the mattress as she drooled on the pillow

I guess it's one of those days. The ones where it's my fault. Also a common thing.

Ever since my father left, she didn't do anything but blame me for everything that happens. Her family pushed her away the moment she decided to marry my father because he's American. They said she disgraced the family name by marrying a foreigner.

I don't remember cause I was too young, but from the sounds of it, he left her because she kept blaming him for anything and everything, and he sent her back to Korea. And sent me with her. And since then, she had not sobered up. She gets a few weeks here and there and then falls back out. And every time she does, I'm here to clean up after her. Like always.

I cleaned up the mess in the room, but nothing can clean up the mess in my head. I just need to get out for a bit.

I left a note on the table in case she woke up, letting her know that I'm at the gym. I haven't been in a while, and I need to get my mind off the things. That's what used to help me.

I couldn't even be bothered to get the train there. I put my headphones in and walked the distance. I could use the fresh air.

I just can't catch a break today.

'Following me here now?' Jungkook's grin made the little bit of the will to live I had disperse, but I'm not expecting much of my life, so I'm just gonna deal with it

'Of course. I simply couldn't stay away.' I give him a sarcastic smile and brush past him, putting my earphones back in

'Since when do you go to the gym?' He just decided to join me for no reason, following me to the treadmill

'I've been going for 2 years. I just haven't been in a while.'

'So that's why you look the way you do. I thought it might have been those American genes.' He was leaning on the handle of the treadmill

'JK, can you spot me?'

We both turned to the sound of the voice to see Jimin.

Huh? This is him? The scrawny, messy hair, glasses looking guy is nowhere to be seen. No glasses, pushed back hair from the sweat, and a shirt that sticks to his body, showing off muscles. No. This can't be him.

'Ah, yes, yes. I got sidetracked.' Jungkook chuckles

Jimin's eyes locked into mine, but neither of us said a thing. It was a bit awkward, so I wanted to clean that up right away. I tightened my lips into a tiny smile, nodding at him lightly. I can't just ignore him.

I thought he was sweaty and red enough, but he turned beet red in an instant at my action. What the...

'I'll- I'll wait there.' He stuttered and practically ran off

Even Jungkook didn't know how to react and looked at me in confusion.
'What did you do?' He snorts

'Absolutely nothing. I literally just nodded at him not to be rude.' I tell him honestly. 'But, is that really him?' I was still in shock

'Oh, yeah. I suppose you've never seen him outside of the school. Like what you see?' He wiggles his eyebrows mischievously

'Still an imbecile.' I put my music on, drowning out any noise coming from him. I heard enough shit for one day.

I suppose he got the message and decided to leave me be. At least one smart thing from him.

-----

'Hey, Angel. How was school?'

That mess of a person who's supposed to be my mother was up and running. Well, sitting. She was eating or trying to. Her hair was a mess. She smelled all the way to here. But she wasn't drunk anymore. Either threw up or slept it off.

'Hi, mom. Yeah, was alright. Nothing new.'

She has no idea about what school is like. I never told her a single thing. Well, I did once, and she told me I deserved it, so I never bothered again.

'Did you eat anything yet?'

'Yeah. I ate earlier.' I lie. I have no appetite.

'No point lying to me, honey.' She smiles. 'Come on. Sit down. I'll make you some food.'

I am mentally too drained to fight. I just can't bother with it, so I sat down, agreeing. She's not drunk, so she'll be fine. She won't be rude and insult me.

'Here you go, honey.' She placed a plate with food in front of me, kissing my hair. 'So pretty.' She pinched my cheek before sitting down across from me.

Now I'm pretty. Two days ago, she wanted to gouge my eyes out because they reminded them of him. Just one of many things that divides me from the rest of the people here. My bright, green eyes.

'Are you working tonight?' I ask, switching the subject

'No.' She answered and avoided the eye contact

'Mom. Again?' I drop my fork in frustration. This is the 6th job in the last 2 years that she lost.

'Don't worry, honey. I've got another job interview tomorrow. We will be fine.' She pats my head. 'Come on. Eat up.'

I bet this one will last at least a week. I hate my life.