36

'Seems I'm missing an entire party here.'

A lady about my mom's age was leaning on the kitchen door, giggling at the three of us. I don't even need to look twice to realize that it's their mom. Shit. Shit. Shit.

'Mom? You're home early.' Jimin greeted her, sounding just as surprised

'Omma! Look! I made cookies with hyung and green noona!' Yujin was proudly showing her the cookie he decorated

'I can see that.' She laughs, looking at the kitchen that we turned into a sugary mess

'Hello.' I bow, feeling like I'm about to shit myself. I did not think I'd be meeting his mom. 'I'm sorry about the mess.'

'I am pretty sure it was mostly these two anyway.' She laughs. 'And I can only presume you're Angel?'

'Y-yes ma'am. Nice to meet you.'

'So I finally meet the green noona.' She smiles. They all have the same smile. Warm. Comforting. 'I'm Iyeji Lee. It's lovely to meet you, too.'

'Likewise. Apologies for intruding like this. I'll be out of your way.' I bowed again, ready to run from here, but I guess that is not an option.

'No, no, please. By all means. Stay for dinner.'

I looked at him quickly, mentally screaming at him JIMIN HELP! But he was just as embarrassed as I was, so he's of no help.

'Thank you, but there's no need for that. Really.' I am literally about to die

'No, no. I insist.' Are they all stubborn?!

'Just give up. She is worse than all of us combined.' Jimin finally spoke up, sounding half defeated, half embarrassed

I look like shit. I messed up her house. I'm here on a Sunday evening, invading her space. I don't think there is a worse way to meet someone. Especially not the parent of the person you're in love with.

'I'll be back soon. You guys keep doing whatever you're doing.' She smiles and waves a bit, leaving up the stairs and leaving us down in the kitchen.

'Are you okay?' He put his hand on my shoulder, asking in a concerned tone

'No. I might throw up from the nerves.' I tell him honestly. 'Can I just run while she's gone?'

'It's not funny.' I swat him lightly on the shoulder as he was giggling at me, finding this funny

'Sorry, sorry.' He kept giggling quitely, but this time, he hugged me. 'But you shouldn't worry too much. You'll be more than okay. I promise.'

'I am not so sure about that.' I mumble into his neck

'Just trust me. You'll be okay.' He was talking right into my ear, murmuring lowly

'Okay.'

-----

We cleaned up the mess we created in the kitchen, and then his mom took over, making dinner, while the two of us were playing some games with Yujin.

This is beyond nerve-racking. I am not cut out for this.

'Dinner's ready, guys!' His mom called from the kitchen, and my blood froze for a second

A dinner. With his mom. Imma die.

I waddled over slowly, still hoping that I'll be set free and let go, but that's just a false hope.

'I'll sit with noona!' Yujin dragged another chair, sitting on my right, with Jimin on my left

This felt like questioning, with the three of us on one side and his mom on the other side of the table. I can't even eat. I have zero appetite. I'm too nervous about this.