୭̥⋆*。✽ 𝐥𝐱𝐯.

october 21st, 2018
LITA

DEAREST MOM AND DAD,
Hello from the Catskills Region!

Scarlett and I are having an incredible time together. The landscapes are so beautiful, and I don't want to make you jealous, but the weather here is just amazing! It's a big improvement on what we thought it'd be when we got here. It was a bit gray and miserable. So, if you ever have the chance, you should definitely try to visit the Catskills during the autumn.

I am going to admit that I was a little sceptical when Scarlett told me she planned a whole weekend away from the maddening crowd of New York City. But now that our time together is coming to an end, I realize it was the right choice, and instead of a few stolen moments every week, we got to spend an entire weekend reconnecting together.

During these past few days with her, I've come to realize that she has the kindest, most honest heart of anyone I have ever met. That she has the steadfastness of character that I used to think existed only in novels.

There is something so incredible about her that I find myself falling more and more in love with her every single day. I may not have told her yet, but she has given my life a purpose and a direction that were missing until she came into my life.

From the moment I laid eyes on her, I was captivated by an infatuation that only deepened as time went by. Whenever I see her smile, it makes me a happy woman. Whenever I hold her in her arms, I feel like I am holding my world. Whenever I am with her, every moment feels extra special.

Is this how you both felt when you met?

For as long as I can remember, I've longed for a love that would be as beautiful and strong as yours. And maybe this is it. I never really understood the love that you shared until now, and it's never been clearer.

You have been together for over 40 years, and your love for each other still shines brightly. Your long-lasting relationship has taught me so much about love, relationships, and what it means to truly care for someone.

At Violet's wedding, the DJ called all the married couples out to the dance floor. Year by year he asked people to leave who had been married less than "X" years. 5 years past and all the young couples had left the dance floor. 20 years went, and the DJ was excited to see the amount of married couples still standing. After 35, there were only a few people out on the floor and dancing. After 40, there was one couple still standing.

You.

You have loved each other for almost half a century. You have been together for more than half of your lives. You have been my inspiration for my entire life. For thirty-two years, you have been a role model for what it means to love somebody. You have shown me that a strong relationship consists of compromise, honesty, trust and most importantly love. You have taught me that the little things matter.

Obviously, no relationship is perfect. But for better or for worse, you have never given up on each other. For richer or for poorer you have stood by each other. In sickness and in health, you have loved each other. What makes your relationship so beautiful is not perfection. Rather your strength and unity despite life's imperfections.

It wasn't until recently that I realized, not only am I lucky to have you as role models in my life as individuals, but I am privileged to have your marriage as a guide for what love and relationships should look like.