୭̥⋆*。✽ 𝐱𝐱.

april 25th, 2018
SCARLETT

SPOTTED : SCARLETT JOHANSSON...

Shit shit shit

Yep, that's the word.

I throw my phone away and jump on the bed to scream into a pillow.

I don't need to read more to understand what the article is about. It's about Lita and me. Probably being spotted in LA, on our trip. God... I should've known I couldn't keep our little bubble away from the paparazzi too long.

Fuck.

I don't know what to do. They don't know who she is yet, but that's only a matter of time. And once they do... Her shop... If they found out it's gonna be a mess.

Oh God, oh God, oh God.

I can't do that to her. She's been nothing but this incredibly kind and thoughtful person and this is how I repay her?!

I have yet to receive a message or a call from her. Maybe she hasn't seen it. But she will, sooner or later. It's better if it comes from me right?! Instead, of finding out about it through Erin or Leah, or someone else or even the Internet. I know that's what I'd want and knowing Lita, that's probably what she'd prefer too.

Thank God my mother took Rose out for the day, claiming that she missed her granddaughter and they needed a day out together. I was planning on sleeping all day and cleaning a bit here and there but the universe had other plans I guess.

I get my bag, put on my shoes and just like that I' out the door. I don't even need to think abut where I'm going, my body is now on autopilot. I've visited her shop so many times during the past couple of months that I just need to know where to go without even having to think about it.

I hear the familiar sound of the bell as I push the door open. Lita is walking behind the counter, putting a bouquet together and Leah is sweeping the floor, collecting fallen petals.

"Scarlett, hi! What can I do for my second favourite customer?" Lita's voice greets me as per usual. She has a smile n her face and looks like she's having a pretty good day. I hate myself for what I'm about to do but it's better this way.

It's better this way. It's better this way. It's better this way. It's better this way. It's better this way.

...

Right?!

"We need to talk." I didn't mean to say this with such a cold, mean tone but it did and now I regret it immensely, as a frown immediately replaced her beautiful smile. "Now, if you're not too busy please."

She leads me into her office and closes the door behind us. I take a seat in front of her desk and take a deep breath as Lita waits for me to begin. I must look rather lost and disoriented but she immediately rushes to me and asks 'what's wrong'.

I have to rip the bandage off. I can't push it any longer. Just do it quick Scarlett.

I open my phone and find the link my team send me. The page opens and the article pops up on my screen.

"I'm sorry." I say as I shove the phone in her hand. She looks at me, completely confused before looking down at the article. She's reading it but I can't read her face. It's blank, not giving me anything. I don't know if she's angry or just upset, scared perhaps, maybe just overwhelmed. I don't know."I'll fix it, I promise. I'm so so so sorry. Words can even begin to tell you how sorry I am, but I am truly deeply sorry I'm putting you through all of this."

"Why are you sorry?"

"It's my fault." I whisper.

"No it's not."