33

<A/N is always at the end.>

Songs for this chapter:

Words- Skylar Grey

Poison and Wine- The Civil Wars

Never say never- The Fray

Sad, beautiful, tragic- Taylor Swift

~~~

"I hid it as a secret because I was embarrassed."

I don't feel any better than last night when I wake up. I still feel like an idiot for trusting Harry, but part of me believes he was telling the truth about his father. Someone does not just lie about being abused.

I honestly didn't know how I was going to face Josh tonight without telling him. Lying to him would feel awful, and I would probably carry around too much guilt. Maybe the best thing for me is too lie to him.

I decided on not telling Clair about what happened. Even though we tell each other everything, and she has helped me through so much. I just couldn't face her I couldn't tell her I made the same mistake again.

"Good morning Sarah." Clair walks into the room already in a good mood. I wanted to ask her but I was in too much of a slump to talk to anyone.

"You're in a good mood." I speak in a small voice. Clair doesn't seem to notice that I'm down. I did keep on a good mask to make me look okay and happy. "Why are you so giddy this morning?" Now I was curious about what's got her so happy.

"I have a date tonight with that guy I really like." I'm starting suspect Clair broke up with her boyfriend from home once she started college. I was still happy that she had a date, she deserves to fall in love.

"That's nice." Clair walks over to me and stares at me in the mirror. "What are you looking at?" My voice comes out more irritated than I wanted it to sound. Clair looks at me straight in he eyes and starts to speak.

"Why do you have a hickey on your neck, and who gave that to you?" I look back into the mirror and I finally notice the purplish blue bruise on my neck. Damn it Harry. Why did he have to give me away?

"I burnt myself with the curling iron. It slipped out of my hand and landed right on my neck." I covered up the truth with more of my lies, and it felt awful. Clair looks as if she doesn't believe a word I say.

"Harry gave that to you didn't he? Sarah I know when you lie. You start looking down and anywhere but me." I hated that Clair was too good at this. She knew too many of my giveaways. She knows I bite my lip when I think, and she knows I look down when I lie.

"Just please leave it alone Clair. Okay? Can you please just do that for once?" I stand up and walk out of the room. I felt bad for getting all mad at Clair, but sometimes I just want her to stay out of my problems.

I walk to my class alone today. The amount of beautiful weather can't even make my day any better. I didn't even feel like going back to class today all because I didn't want to face Harry. I didn't want him to see how sad I was. It was unfair because I'm all worked up but he's okay. He'll always be okay with tricking me.

I decide to stop at the coffee shop and grab my morning tea. I was thinking that maybe it would make me feel better, but I doubt it highly.

When I walk inside I spot Liam in line ordering his drink. I try to dodge him, which feels wrong, but I do it anyway. It doesn't really work because seconds later Liam is calling my name.

"We haven't talked in like a week Sarah. Where have you been?" Liam walks beside me and sips on his coffee. I haven't seen him around with Sophia lately, and I'm starting to wonder if they broke up. Even thinking that could be a possibility made me sad. I mean they were so in love.