thirty two

|Dayvon|

I opened my eyes again seeing I was in the hospital. The sound of my heart monitor speeding up made Durk look up at me.

"Chill Von, India go get the doctor." He said and India nodded rushing out the room.

"Fuck all that where Nivea?" I said starting to take off all the shit I was connected to. By the time I finished the doctor was walking in the room.

"Mr. Bennett please."

"I don't got time for this shit, where Nivea?"

They made me get in a wheelchair as they took me down the hall. Xena was sitting next to the bed holding her hand. It made my heart hurt to see my lil folks laid up connected to all that shit, this was worse than when I found her at Mason spot.

"fuck man..." I said lowly, feeling my leg starting to shake.

"We had to deliver the baby via emergency c-section. She's in the NICU, we can bring her to your room if you'd like." The doctor said, "Yea."

They took me back to my room and Xena stepped in while they brought my baby to me. She was so little and connected to hella shit. They wanted to lay her on my chest, and the shit had me nervous.

"Y'all sure she straight?" I asked as she started to move a little bit, "Yes Mr. Bennett" the nurse responded. They only gave me a couple minutes before they put her back in the little box and took her away. They brought me her birth certificate shit to fill out and left.

Nivea was supposed to be filling this out, my baby wasn't supposed to be in no fucking box, and she hadn't even met her mama yet. I stared at the birth certificate before looking at Durk.

"You need to call Booka nem, we gotta go get Kieran and--" I started but was interrupted by Xena.

"Von be for real you can't do shit in your condition." She said and I mugged her "Fuck I'm supposed to do, just sit here? Niggas gotta die."

"Okay and they will. But right now Nivea and the baby need you."

I looked at her once more before picking up the pen to write the name we'd picked on the birth certificate.

Arris Dreux Bennett.

I already knew Mahogany had set this shit up. I felt myself start to go in a daze every time I sat in the room with Nivea or in the NICU with my Arri.

I was gone do that bitch a million times worse than her brother.