ten

|Nivea|

After that date Von was obsessed with me in the best way possible. I was out with Ivy and Nay at the mall and Von was blowing my phone up. I finally answered his Facetime call seeing he was laying in my bed.

"What Dayvon?"

D: Gang why is you playing with me? You seen me calling you.

"Can I not go out with my friends?"

D: Fuck you need friends for, and you got a man at home

"I'll be back soon Dayvon."

D: Yea aight, don't make me and KK come find your ass.

I chuckled as he hung up the phone. I was laughing but I knew him, and KK would pull up to this mall if I didn't get back soon, so I wrapped up looking around with the girls and headed back.

When I got back that day Dayvon had told me that he had some business to tend to, so he wouldn't be around as much for a little while. I was so used to seeing him every day so it felt weird, but he still facetimed me whenever he could. KK and I were on Facetime with him while eating dinner I had made, trying to give Ms. Yvette a break.

KK: Von you coming back by Christmas?

D: Yea lil man I'll be back

KK: Good.

"You promise?"

D: Yea bae I promise

He was a man of his word, and one day when I got back from the shop he was in my living room playing with Kieran.

"You not gone give a nigga no love?" he questioned when he saw me standing in the doorway. I walked over and placed a quick kiss on his lips. "We was waiting on you to get off, come on we going to the store." Von said getting up and leading us to his car.

I enjoyed just riding until we pulled up at a Christmas store. My heart was melting as he bought us the Christmas tree that Kieran picked out, along with all the decorations to go with it. As I sat on the sofa watching the two decorate the tree together, my smile slowly was fading. I was happy right now given the circumstances, but how long would it last.

"What's wrong mommy?" I heard Kieran say. I looked up, seeing both Kieran and Von looking at me concerned. I hadn't even realized I was crying until KK tried wiping my tears with his little hands.

"Mommy's okay baby, go in your room for a little bit." I said, wiping my face myself. He nodded and did as I said. Von sat down next to me, still looking concerned.

"What's wrong ma?" he asked, wiping the tears that wouldn't stop falling.

"I feel like I'm playing pretend. The reality of the situation is I'm living in hiding. I'm young and I can't even enjoy my life for real. I can't post on social media, no contact with my mom or sister in months, I'm making new friends but none of them could ever compare to my best friend back home, I don't use nothing but cash to avoid leaving a trail. All to keep Mason from finding us, it's like even though I left, in a way he still got me trapped. What's life gone be in 2 years from now or 5?" I said, just letting all my emotions come out.

"Nivea" Von said, tilting my face to meet his eyes, "You can do whatever the fuck you wanna do. You got me now, you aint never gotta worry bout that nigga again." He said in a serious tone.

I nodded my head; it was amazing how easy it was for him to calm me down, or erase worry from my mind.

After everything I went through with Mason, I didn't think it was possible for me to feel this safe with a man again, but everyday Dayvon was proving me wrong.