eight

|Nivea|

It was Halloween night, and I was making KK a sandwich before we went to take him trick or treating. Von walked in the kitchen, standing over me and watching me intently.

"Can I help you Dayvon?" I asked with a chuckle, "Making sure you making lil man shit right. You gone make me one too?" he questioned, and I shot him a look.

"You too old to be asking for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich Von." I said, making him mug me "Man just make me one, and give me a kiss too."

He said turning my head towards him and leaning down connecting our lips. I had to pull away as soon as I felt him slip his tongue in my mouth.

"Nasty self, go help KK finish getting ready."

He smacked my ass before walking away making me shake my head. He and KK returned to the kitchen, and I couldn't help but to snap pictures of Kieran in his power ranger's costume. After they ate their sandwiches we headed into the neighborhood so he could trick or treat.

Dayvon was very particular about where we went, so after about 15 minutes Kieran had collected more than enough candy. We started to walk back to my apartment building, and I noticed a girl sitting on the steps mugging us.

"When Taisia told me you was running round here playing family with a bitch, I thought she was lying." The girl yelled out, getting off the steps. I gritted my teeth; I was getting tired of getting called out my name.

"Erica gone somewhere with that shit." Von said to her harshly. She stepped in front of us, and I picked up KK just so he wouldn't be close to her.

"So you the bitch that stole my job huh?" she questioned, looking me up and down. "I can't really steal your job if you got fired." I said simply. "Whatever bitch-" she started, but I cut her off.

"Let that be your last time calling me out my name before I embarrass you in front of all these folks." I said while glaring at her. She rolled her eyes at me before turning her attention back to Von, "So what you just done with me now?" she asked, folding her arms.

"Erica I aint fucked with you in months, get your stupid ass the fuck on bruh" Von said, pushing her to the side.

She stomped and pouted going back to wherever she had come from. I tried and failed to hide the smile on my face as Von threw a protective arm around my shoulder and we walked back to my apartment.

My fresh start was going great. I was building clientele as a hairstylist on top of the clients I'd taken over from Erica. I was able to afford to buy myself a new laptop and bought KK and I some clothes and a few other miscellaneous items. I was truly starting to believe that everything would work out fine.