twenty three

Nivea Joy Holmes

I woke up in a hospital room. I looked over to my right seeing Dayvon asleep in the chair. I weakly smiled and pressed the call button. A nurse soon entered making Dayvon wake up and immediately come to my side.

"Damn lil folks why you aint wake me up?" he asked, and I just chuckled cause how in the hell was I supposed to do that. The nurse checked me out and said she'd be back with the doctor. I apparently had been unconscious for a couple of days.

"Where KK?" I asked, "He straight, with Ms. Yvette...I'm sorry I let this shit happen to you Niv." Von said, trying to straighten my hair with his hand.

"It's not your fault Von...did you get him?" I asked, "Working on it." He responded and I just nodded.

I didn't too much care about nothing the doctor had to say, I was just ready to go home.

Once the hospital released me I had made it my mission not to mope around the house feeling sorry for myself. Dayvon birthday was coming up, so I'd planned a surprise birthday party for him. He was trying to be lowkey with everything going on, so I just had everybody come to my house. I smiled from a distance seeing him laugh and talk with his friends. Once everybody was gone, we were cuddled up in my bed.

"I appreciate you ma. You aint have to do all that for me." He said, rubbing on my butt.

"Yea I did Von. You deserve to be celebrated. We would be fucking right now but my body still fucked up." I said, "Don't even trip bout that." He said.

It was nice to know he wasn't pressuring me or nothing, but I felt like the best way to erase the feeling of Mason violating my body was replacing it by making love to Von, and the sooner I could do that, the better.

Eventually I started getting back into doing hair, I doubted I'd go back to the club anytime soon. Despite everything that was going on, everybody was still on they grind. I loved going with Von to the studio and seeing him on the come up. Even with me having been gone my following had went up tremendously. Despite all the bullshit I was grateful for the life I was living.

It had seemed like just yesterday I had given birth to my KK. Now here I was packing his bookbag for his first day of head start. I walked up the stairs to see Dayvon taking his pictures with the biggest smile on his face.

"You got that shit on gang." Dayvon said making Kieran laugh.

"Take our picture Dayvon." I said, picking KK up and smiling at the camera. I was probably gone cry as soon as we dropped him off. He and Dayvon took some pictures together, I shook my head as Kieran did his best to mimic all Von poses.

"Alright y'all come on before we late." I said putting Von phone in my back pocket "Country ass." I heard Dayvon mumble, making me shoot him a look.

He drove to the school I'd enrolled him to, and I got out the car walking him to his teacher. I loved on him before watching them walk into the school. I could've fell out right then and there.

"Alright lil folks come on before your crybaby ass get started." Von said throwing his arm around my shoulder.

To keep me from crying we went to go and get some breakfast. I glanced up from the menu seeing Dayvon staring at me.

"Why you staring? Something on me?" I asked while feeling my face.

"My fault I was just thinking." He responded straightening up in his seat.

"About what?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, "You'd marry a nigga like me?" he asked catching me a little off guard.

"Yea, I aint know you was the marrying type." I said, going back to looking over the menu.

"I aint, but you is so that's all that matter." He said making my heart flutter a little bit, and I couldn't hide the smile on my face.

We talked some more, ate, and headed back to my place. We was supposed to be watching some movies till it was time to go get KK from school, but Von was too focused on rubbing on me.

"Gimmie kiss ma." He said, grabbing my face and connecting our lips. I let him do what he want for a while before pulling away.

"You supposed to be watching the movie Dayvon." I said, "I wanna make one." He said, starting to place kisses on my neck.

I already knew wasn't no getting out of this.

I sat in the car watching Dayvon walk out of CVS. He handed me the bag containing the water and plan B pill.

"I aint buying no more of them." He said watching me struggle with getting it out the package.

"What you mean?" I asked with a slight chuckle, "You aint slow lil folks."

He said and pulled out the parking spot, heading to Kieran school. I aint appreciate him threatening me like that, but I was gone let it slide.