six

|Nivea|

That weekend at the club went smoothly, I had met some girls I could see myself being cool with, their names were Ivy and Nayomi-Nay for short. I had come to this city with no contacts in my phone, and day by day that was changing.

My new schedule had become working at the salon from 8am-5pm and then going to the club from 9pm to 1am. I was tired most of the time, but I was getting paid and that's all that mattered. My new tag had finally come in the mail, so I had Von putting it on for me.

"You sure you know how to do this? I gotta to be to work in a little bit" I questioned, and he just shot a look at me "KK tell your mama to gone somewhere." He said to KK, who was 'helping him.'

"We got this mama." Kieran said to me, and I raised my hands in defeat. Since I had been working Von was with him a lot more. That was his mini bestie and I thought it was adorable. After they finished putting the tag on I headed to the salon, meeting my first client there.

After I finished her hair I was thinking about the boys wondering what they were doing. I heard the door to the salon open and saw Von entering carrying KK.

"Surprise mommy!" he exclaimed as the two walked over towards me. "Bitch you didn't tell me Von was your man" Kody said, and I opened my mouth to correct him, but we were interrupted by Sunny and Taisia arguing as they walked out of her office.

"First you let her have Erica clients, now you just gone let her steal mines?! What the fuck Sunny?!" Taisia yelled and Sunny just sighed "Taisia, if your client likes her work better than yours I can't do shit about that. I'm not forcing nobody to get they hair done by you if they don't want to."

Taisia just frowned before she looked up seeing Von and mugging him "The fuck you doing in here?" she eyed the scene before her before rolling her eyes "Wait till I tell Erica you playing family with the bitch that stole her job."

"I let you get away with it the first time but you not finna keep calling me out my name, especially not in front of my son." I said to her firmly, she looked at me shocked but stopped talking.

"Hey Von, been a while, how you been?" Sunny asked kindly, I gave him a side eye because he didn't tell me he knew the salon when he first brought me here.

"I been straight, why you aint fired her ass yet?" he said nodding to Taisia, and she frowned but stayed silent. Sunny just gave him a look that said, 'It's coming.'

He and KK hung around until it was about time for my next client to come. I walked them to the car and was ignoring him, putting KK in his car seat.

"Why you acting like that ma?" he questioned, grabbing my hand so I couldn't walk away "Why you didn't tell me you knew the salon when I first asked you to bring me here?" I responded with a raised eyebrow.

"I aint want you thinking I was doing you another favor, so I just let you get it on your own." He explained nonchalantly. "If I wouldn't have got it then what?" I asked.

"I would've told Sunny give you a chance." He responded and I just shook my head slightly, "I'll see y'all later."

I walked back in the salon and kept trying to explain to Kody and Sunny that he wasn't my man. They weren't really listening to me, and I couldn't help but smile. It was understandable how it'd look like that, but I really had no intentions of being in a relationship right now.