| 76 |

| Raven |

My life has gotten crazier ever since I started dating Shaun and Luca. Not only because of them, but because of the people around them. Looking at it all carefully, I realised there’s a very good chance they would have kept me in the dark in the name of ‘protecting me’.

They are friends with the Mafia Lord, Bastian, who is shockingly after me. Then there’s Philip, a whole Royal King of the Cornubia Kingdom, a Kingdom that went in shambles as soon as he left. I’m only saying this because, even where he and his family were attacked, the last time I heard, the current King is running everything down.

It doesn’t end there, my boyfriend has a fat possibility of being next in line to being the King, if ever Philip marries Katherine and decides to go back. It’s just…so unbelievable and so…unreal and thrilling all at the same time.

Like Luca could be the King. Not to mention he’s now automatically a Prince. 

It’s just all so fucking crazy.

And then little Miss Me decided that my boring life wasn’t enough, and I done stationed myself in between a crossfire meant for Shaun and Luca. I’m quite glad that I did because those two infuriate me so much, with the way they’re dragging their feet in handling the situation. If I hadn’t spoken to Emmett about hiring bodyguards, they would be dead. They would be gone before any of us could blink.

Fucking men and their egos.

“Raven?” I raised my head to look at Darren, who’s watching me closely. “Something wrong?” his frown deepens as he places the file in hand on my table.

Oh yes, while I’m saving these two idiots’ lives, I completely forgot that my own uterus is trying to murder me. Especially recently with the pain coming in fast and harder. Even when I’m not on my periods, I still have to suffer.

“I’m fine,” I said clutching my stomach under the table as I tried to sit up straight. I faked a smile. “I’m perfectly fine. You were saying?”

Darren didn’t say anything, looking at me. Oh boy. I had to ensure Luca and Shaun hovering over me the whole of the night and this morning. Admittedly, I woke them up during the night because the pain became unbearable, and I couldn't lie still. “It’s just a little pain, nothing much.” I lied. “I’ve already taken some painkillers.” His eyes zeroed on the pills on my table.

“How little is the pain?” I groaned, both from the pain and because he won’t give up. “You look…pale, Raven. Should I be concerned?”

“No, I’ll be fine,” I insisted.

“Is it cramps?” he went on.

“I wish it was the cramps,” I said.

“Well, that’s bad,” he said standing up. “Women don’t usually wish for cramps. They’re just as bad. Maybe I should take you to the hospital,”

“They won’t help me,” I said.

“What do you mean?” I closed my eyes, taking in deep breaths. I was beginning to sweat a little.

“I have endometriosis and I’m due for a surgery soon, so there’s nothing they can do until then,” I said.

“Shit Raven,” Darren moves around the table to stand next to me, with a saddened look. “I didn’t know it was this bad,”

“Yeah well, I’ll live,” I said with yet another groan. “Maybe I should lie down for an hour or two,”

“Yeah, let me help you,” I went over the couch and laid down. Darren kept my phone next to me. “Can I get you anything?”