| 70 |

| Raven |

(Before, a little after the celebratory dinner)

"You wanted to talk?" I asked, closing the door behind me before turning to Emmett. My steps faltered when I saw Jackson seated in the office chair, Emmett on his lap. He was lazily scrolling through whatever he was doing in the computer. I eyed Emmett, wondering if I should carry on with this meeting when we have an audience.

"Don't mind me," Jackson said, flashing me an easy smile. "I'm busy with something,"

"Right, so there's been a few hindrances," Emmett said standing up from Jackson's lap, walking over to me. "I just had a report from my guys. Someone has been following Luca in the last week," I fought the urge to gasp and kept a straight face, while my heart picked up. "Two people to be exact. They're from another Mafia. The Scorpios," Emmett placed his iPad right in front of me, showing a picture of a man walking across the screen, wearing all black, with a cap covering his face. Right at the back of his left hand, was a tattoo of a scorpion. "Do you recognize it?"

"Emmett, I didn't know any Mafia until recently," I stated, frowning. "Why would the Mafia want Luca?"

"They work for Sandy," Emmett said, swiping right. I saw a picture of Sandy, sitting down with the same dressed male as the previous video. They looked to be in a private meeting or something. "So, we need to get bodyguards for Luca. To avoid anything happening,"

"How the hell am I suppose to find bodyguards at such short notice?" I sighed, sitting down on the chair opposite the main chair. My father will get suspicious if I suddenly request for protection.

"I've already handled that," he said leaning against the table. "They should be reporting to you tomorrow afternoon. There's another thing I found," Emmett looked me in the eye, sceptical.

"Tell me," I said.

"It's about Luca and Shaun," he said. My heart dropped. Please don't let it be something bad. I can't handle any more ba- "You probably wont like it, but-" he scrolled through the iPad and then placed it in front of me again. "It's from the U-File that I mentioned,"

I looked down and sucked in a sharp breath. Scrolling through the evidence of photos, videos, recordings, files, reports, messages, emails, you name it. Browsing through all of them, I almost threw up. Some pictures were so nasty. And to top it all off, in the videos, Luca was doing most of the torturing and killing.

No. Not my Luca. Not my sweet Luca.

"This can't be true," I breathed, looking up at Emmett. He only offered a sympathetic smile.

"I asked Edward to delete all the evidence," Emmett said. "It's up to you what you want to do with this,"

"Are they also Mafia?" I asked him, eyeing the gruesome photos of a bloodied Luca, sporting an unfamiliar expression on his face.

"Don't you think you would know if they were?" Jackson spoke up, looking at me.

"Are they?" I eyed him. He's friends with them. I just realized I don't know shit about them. Especially Luca. Not that I'm judging or labelling them, but I'd expected a few punches here and there for Shaun, but never Luca. He's always the calm one. I just never realized he was the calm before the storm.

Fuck, I don't know what to think of this.

"I know it's hard to process," Jackson said softly. "Personally, I didn't exactly go through something like that since it was my mom's business. You don't always get to the top on a clean slate, if you're starting a business,"

"I did," I objected.

"Where you got the money to start your business?" Jackson's eyes narrowed. I can practically feel the wheels turning in my head. I know that my father helped me, but it was Shaun and Luca who helped me the most. Which means, I started my company with blood money.