| 46 |

| Raven |

"...I've already contacted them and they're open for a meeting on Sunday. I can go if you want," I hummed looking at Darren. "The Navil Film Industry?" He repeated, his eyes searching. He sighed, putting down the tablet on his hand. "You weren't listening," he stated.

"I'm sorry, I...uh, I'm just a little distracted, that's all," I said running my hand down my face in an attempt to focus. "You were saying?" I looked up at Darren. His eyes swept between mine, searching. "The Navil company. I actually read the report you sent me. I think that setting up a meeting with them is a good idea. I'd like you to sit in the meeting, with Westin. You know him, right?"

"Dude with the mustache from from six? Yeah, I know him," he said. "You're thinking about yesterday, aren't you?"

"What? No, I was just saying that we should do a thorough investigation first before signing any-"

"You're avoiding my question," Darren said gently, his eyes softening. I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath and letting it out slowly.

"Yes, Darren," I nodded. "I'm avoiding your question. Because I don't-" I cut myself off.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk-"

"No, it's not that I don't want to talk about it," I shook my head. "I just don't know what to make of this situation,"

"Well...you shouldn't think about it too much. Luca will be just fine," he said.

"I know. I know he will," I agree truthfully. "I just...I can't help but feel like this is partially on me,"

"How so?"

I stood up and stepped closer into the glass wall, looking outside the busy streets while my mind pulled me into the whirlwind of thoughts.

"Maybe we did this too soon," I said turning to Darren. "Me being with them. All this time, they were so focused on me and they thought that they rushed me into this," I shook my head. "All along it was me,"

"All along it was you...what?" Darren frowned standing up. He walked around to stand next to me, his eyes questioning.

"I was rushing them," I murmured.

"No you weren't," Darren spoke up. "They made the move, not you,"

"What difference does it make? The consequences still stands, right in front of me,"

"Okay, you're going on about this in the wrong way. Sienna came back, alright? Luca was fine all along, until she came back and with her, came the past, the trauma and all the shit she did to him. Not you, her," Darren argued. "What Luca's going through has nothing to do with you or your relationship with him and Shaun,"

"It doesn't really feel like it," I whispered, dropping my head against the glass.

"That's because you're probably used to hoarding every crap people reflect or throw at you," he said. "Luca's going through stuff, within himself. Stuff that he needs to work on. Long before you came into the equation, he was probably dealing with them. Those...women messed him pretty good. Not physically, but..." he frowned. "Admittedly, he'd feel a little...threatened seeing Shaun with another person other than him, but you're not another person to them. You're their Raven. He trusts you,"

"You don't know th-"

"I do," he said turning to me, the light from the window reflecting on his green eyes. "When he initiated that first move, he trusted you to follow through. When he gave himself to you at the club, he trusted you to protect his vulnerability. When they finally embraced their feelings for you, they trusted you to reciprocate. He trusts you," I closed my eyes relishing in Darren's words.