| 55 |

| Raven |

"I think that went well," Damien said as we walked out of the boardroom, after quite an intense meeting with the Navil company.

"Oh it went better than expected," I said as we neared the reception area.

"Just a friendly warning," Damien said. "By any means, don't put me in any projects with the CEO," Darren and I frowned, looking at Damien. "I didn't know redheads are this fine," he fanned his face. Darren and I burst into laughter. "Like you can't tell me that man is not hot. And he's young. Like literally young. I'm talking about my 'age young', you know,"

"By any means, do you think Ian would like seeing you swooning over another guy?" Damien glared at Darren. "I'm just saying. The man looks like a possessive guy,"

"I'm not...flirting," he said clearing his throat. "I'm complimenting. Know the difference dude,"

"Right. You think he'll know the difference after seeing Mr Benedict walking out of those doors with you drool-"

"Mr Benedict!" Damien spoke up, throwing me a panicked look as he walked back to where the young CEO was walking with his bodyguards. I turned in his direction as he approached us. He gave us a warm smile.

"I'm afraid I have some urgent matters to tend to. I'll keep in touch about the way forward," he said directing his eyes at the three of us. "Ashton will send an email-" he turned back to one of his men. The youngest stepped forward, giving him an iPad. "I believe you need to see this before we make a decision," he said handing me the iPad.

It was more or less the company's policy and what we should expect. He showed me a section that applies to my line of work. Stepping closer to my side to show me what I was supposed to read. "I'll have to set up a meeting with the board members and get them to review the policy. We should be able to work around it once I get them on board."

"Looking forward to working with you, Mr Benedict," I said shaking his hand.

"Please, Edward's fine. Sounds like you are calling my father," he said casually.

"He must be proud, handing over the company at such a young age,"

"Who? My father?" I nodded. "Oh no, it's not his company," I frowned at the news. "I'm actually standing in for my...uh, foster brother while he's studying,"

"I believe you're also about to graduate in a few months time," Damien said joining in on the conversation. Edward scrunched his face.

"Yeah, well, he still has about a year ahead of him. Plus the little shit is lazy," he added, making us laugh.

"Well, you do quite a remarkable work for someone who's standing in," I said honestly.

With only a year and a half working for the Navil Film, he's made quite a massive difference. The profit had jumped up by a shocking 14% within the first seven months. The man clearly knew what he was doing. And he's only twenty four.

"Oh I try. Gotta make a difference while you still can," he said.

"What is it exactly that you would have liked to do?" Damien inquired. "I mean, if it happens you no longer work for Navil,"

He looked around, smiling gently at the passer-by greeting him. "Between you and I, I have a feeling I'd probably be stuck with Navil. Either as CEO or something else," he shrugged. "Like I said, the guy can be lazy. Plus I don't think he likes the path his parents chose for him,"

"And what about you?" I couldn't help asking. "Do you like what you're doing currently?"

"It's a matter of comfort and...security, you know. But at some point in my life, I'd probably lean towards science,"