• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ɪɪɪ • •

Magsimula sa umpisa

"You were in danger?" Zoro asked quietly.

Venus stayed quiet as she was hesitant to answer him.

"Answer me Venus." Zoro spoke up a bit.

"Yes. I was in danger. Maybe I still am. Which is why you should hate me and stay far away from me. I don't want to lose you too. I can't."

Zoro listened as he thought about it. "When we get out of here." He began to speak. Thinking carefully about what he wanted to tell her. "Stay close to me."

Venus was confused. Turning back to glanced at him. "What are you talking about?"

"I want you-."

"I heard what you said. W-why are you..?"

"You did it to keep me safe, right? Leaving and all that? Well, I guess I will keep you safe this time. As long as you stay close to me. No pirate will kill you while I am still breathing." He declared.

"I don't know what to say."

"A thank you should be enough."

"Thank you Zoro."

"I was joking."

"I'm not joking. I really am thankful towards you. Seeing you again makes me very happy and relieved to see you are doing well." Venus spoke. Calming down as she let her tears dry up.

"Next time come to me." Zoro replied.

"No. I don't want to burden you with my problems. I can handle it."

"I'm not asking you. I'm telling you. You made me believe that you left because something wasn't good enough for you to stick around or that you were plotting something bad. I hated you for that. Hated you for so long. If I'm going to hate you then it will be for a good reason. Not some assumptions being made. Is that clear?"

Venus gave a small nod as she listened to him. Feeling like she was back at the village and he was scolding her for something she had done. Her heart skipping a beat as she knew that her feelings for him hadn't changed one bit. Wanting to confess to him while she could.

"Zoro?" She asked lightly. Seeing his eyes were already closed.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing. Nevermind. Go to sleep." Venus spoke lightly before glancing ahead.

"You sure?"

"I'm sure. It's better to catch some sleep."

Zoro listened as he gave a nod before glancing her way a bit. His eyes admiring her as she hadn't changed much. "I'm sorry." He spoke up.

"About what?" She asked.

"Your cheek. I was mad at you and wanted to scare you off or something." Zoro explained.

"Oh. That." Venus listened. "I deserved that."

"No. You've already explained to me what you were going through and that is something I never could've imagined."

"Well, you better keep that secret with you." She spoke.

"If you say so." Zoro gave a small smirk. Almost unnoticeable.

"I have to admit though.. I was wrong too." She spoke as she glanced at him.

"About what?" He asked.

"Well, for everything I did but also when I said you were the old Zoro. You've come a long way. Better swordsman than the Zoro I knew and love." Venus spoke. Realizing what she said as she turned red.

"So you love me, huh?" His smirk growing.

"Don't let it get to your head. I meant as friends." Venus spoke up.

"What? I always knew you liked me more than a friend."

"Oh really? And when exactly did I fall for you according to you?"

"Uh.. when I saved you just now?" He asked.

"No, you dork. I've liked you since we met back as kids." She replied.

"Really?" Zoro asked surprised.

"Mhm. I believe you were eight. I was seven and about to turn eight. I had just arrived at the village. I caught a glimpse of your hair and liked the unique color but you were also a bit intimidating."

"You're one to talk with your hair color."

"Hey. My hair color is very lovely. Yours is too." She spoke as she glanced at him. Her cheeks were still a bit red, especially up to the tip of her ears. A small smile on her lips as it felt nice to talk with him again.

"Why didn't you confess sooner?"

"I thought you liked Kuina. The way you both hung out without me and would always spare. The way you looked at one another. To me, it was like you and her were in your own little world. Like you were meant to be. That if I didn't have any feelings for you, you two would be happy together." Venus confessed.