• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xʟɪᴠ • •

"What are you talking about?" Zoro asked.

Venus glanced at him before motioning them to follow her so that Buggy wouldn't hear them. Leading the way to the deck at the moment.

Sanji and Zoro didn't question her before following after her until they reached the railing.

Venus lightly touched it before turning to them. "When I was under Arlong's hold.. I kind of felt my heart stop for a second when I fell unconscious. I felt a bit of peace."

Zoro glanced away as he felt like he had failed her. Having not been there to keep her safe from Nami and the Arlong crew.

"I was with my parents." Venus lightly confessed. "My mom and dad were with me and I didn't want to leave their side." She continued. "I wanted to leave everything behind me."

"Did they mention anything else?" Sanji asked at the moment.

"Yes. My mother.. she mentioned something about my power." Venus spoke.

"What was it?" Zoro asked.

"She said.. I am the last of the Crawford Bloodline who holds immense power.. power that I hold back with the doubt I hold onto myself."

"Doubts?" Sanji asked.

"Yes." Venus spoke as she turned away. "I don't like talking about things like this but.. I am scared." She admitted. "Scared that history will repeat itself and I will lose everyone all over again. I'll be the one who has to watch everything happen and won't be able to save anyone."

"That's not true." Sanji spoke.

"Nami was right. I can't save anyone."

"She's wrong." Zoro spoke. Walking over as he placed his hands on her shoulders.

"You saved me more than I can think and you didn't have any powers back then. I, Roronoa Zoro, vow to stay with you until the end. No matter how long it takes."

Venus lightly glanced at him as she took in his words before wrapping her arms around his neck. "I vow to stay by your side too."

"I would say the same thing but Zoro is already looking at me like he wants to hurt me." Sanji spoke as a tease to lighten the mood.

Venus smiled a bit. "I made sure to have promise he'd behave."

"I am. I just don't like him." Zoro spoke as he held her close to him. "And you promised to rest with me after talking to that clown." Picking her up as he was careful with his wounds.

"I can't forget." Venus replied. "Goodnight Sanji. Welcome to the crew." Venus smiled as she waved to him. "Zoro put me down." She huffed.

"No." Zoro replied.

Sanji reached out before grabbing Zoro by the arm.

"Let go of me you cook."

"Keep your eyes open about that other guy."

"What guy are you talking about? Arlong?"

"Vex." Sanji spoke. "Something about him is off."

"What are you talking about?"

"Just watch out for him."

Zoro gave a small nod before leaving with Venus.

Sanji watched them go as he smiled a bit. His eyes watching them become silhouettes under the night sky before turning away. Heading off to his new room.

Venus remained calm as she held onto Zoro. "Zoro."

"Hm?"

"Don't do anything irrational, okay?" Venus asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I can hear what you and Sanji said. Don't do something stupid. Especially if it comes to me."

"I can't promise you that I won't."

Venus listened to his reply. Thinking about it as she shook her head a bit. "Just try." She spoke lightly.

Zoro noticed as he entered their room. Setting her down as he closed the door gently. "Venus, you have to talk to me."

Venus listened as she smiled a bit. "It's nothing. Really. Just thinking about resting with you." She spoke. "Come on. Let's just lay down." She didn't want him to worry about her.

Zoro listened to her before following her to their shared bed. "I am pretty tired." He admitted. Laying down carefully with her before keeping her close to him.

Laying on her back as she felt him rest his head on her chest. Running her hand through his hair. It was a nice relaxing moment. A moment she liked between them.

It gave her a sense of comfort to feel his warmth. Covering the two of them with a blanket. Her arms around him with a gentle touch before feeling him shift.

Zoro got a bit more comfortable and keeping her close. His chin resting on her head.

Venus noticed before closing her eyes as she snuggled closer to him. Keeping her arms around him before burying her face into his neck and relaxing. His touch was like magic to her. She instantly felt better with his touch or his presence.

She could tell that he felt the same way towards her with the way he held her. They didn't always need words to express their feelings for one another. Always doing small things with one another.

The green-haired listened to the silence of the room. Taking in small breathes while his hand subconsciously ran through her hair. Having his eyes closed as well as he took in the small chance at peace while they still could.

Listening to his quiet breathing as she smiled a bit to herself. She found it cute how much of a cuddly person he could turn into. It wasn't something she hated, she loved it. His heartbeat slightly ringing in her ears.

"Zoro.." She whispered. In case he had already fallen asleep. Knowing how it was with him and his sleep.

"Hm?" Zoro hummed.

"Are you comfortable? I'm not pressing your wound, am I?"

"No." Zoro replied as he rubbed her waist. "Don't worry too much about it." He whispered back groggily.

"Are you sure?" Venus asked as she lightly shifted before being comfortable. Holding his arms before wrapping them around herself as she smiled a bit.

Zoro noticed as he smiled a bit. "Mhm." Finding her actions adorable in his eyes before keeping his arms around her in a secure hold. Placing her back against his chest before his chin rested on her shoulder.

Her cheeks heated up a bit as she still got flustered around him. It was an effect he had on her and she knew it would stay there for a long time. Closing her eyes as she placed her hands on his arms.

After the long day and fight they had it was nice to have someone they could both come to at the end of the day. They were one another's company. One another's go to person.

Venus was lulled to sleep with the sound of his heartbeating and his soft breathing. It made her feel at ease as she slowly doze off. Forgetting about Nami and the Arlong Pirates. She knew she'd deal with them eventually.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Vex stepped out onto the railing as he sighed. "Yes. I understand. If you keep yelling that way I will never understand what you're saying." He spoke.

Cutting the call short before jumping when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Turning around and facing the culprit.

"What are you doing here. It's late."

"I was just- needed to come out for some fresh air." Vex lied.

Sanji listened before gripping his shoulder a bit. "I don't know what you're planning but if you hurt Venus. In any way at all. You better hope that you don't show your face around here."

"Is that a threat?"

"It's a promise."

"You must be tired Sanji. I have no intentions of hurting her." Vex replied. "You will learn to trust me eventually."