• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ʟ • •

Venus spotted Nami walking with a shovel by herself as she knew that she hadn't been noticed by her yet. Walking as quietly as she could to see what she was up to. Getting her katana ready from her sheath before hiding behind the tree.

Nami didn't realize she wasn't alone. Walking to a specific spot before using the shovel to dig on that spot. Digging for a while as she soon hit what she had been looking for. Taking a chest out that she had buried there.

"How dare you?" Nojiko's voice filled the silence.

Venus glanced out of the side of the tree. Remaining hidden as she held the handle of her katana. Debating on helping Nami or taking revenge.

"It's not enough that you're working for our mother's killer, but now you're desecrating her grave too?" Nojiko asked angrily. Noticing the shovel on the floor.

Nami noticed her gaze go to the shovel. "Nojiko. Nojiko, wait!"

Nojiko raised the shovel above her head at the moment to hit her with it.

Venus cursed under her breath for feeling sorry for Nami. Rushing over before blocking the hit with her sword. Hating her empathy at times.

"Venus?" Nami asked in shock.

"Of course it's me you idiot." Venus spoke as she was still mad at her.

Nami noticed as she could tell before glancing at Nojiko. "It's not what it looks like or what you think." She spoke.

"You have no idea what I think!" Nojiko replied to her before glancing at Venus. "Now step aside."

"I'm afraid I can't do that. I don't follow orders." Venus spoke. Keeping her katana up to block the shovel before pushing her back a bit.

Nojiko huffed before raising the shovel once more. Aiming at the two of them but missing and hitting the chest as it exposed the amount of money it held within.

"What is this?" Nojiko asked confused.

Venus was just as confused before glancing at the ground where the money landed. "Better explain things before this is taken out of context." She spoke.

"Is this the money that you stole?" Nojiko asked. "And you're hiding it next to our mother's body?"

"Let her explain." Venus spoke despite being against Nami herself.

"No. Nami, what kind of monster are you?" Nojiko asked.

Nami gathered her breath a bit. "You don't understand."

"Then make me understand." Nojiko spoke.

Nami got out of the hole she had dug. "I told Arlong that I'd work for him under one condition. That condition was that he let me buy Coco Village back." Nami explained. "And he told me that he would.. for the price of a hundred million berry.

"A hundred million?" Nojiko asked quietly. "That would take a life time."

"I have the money." Nami spoke up.

"You're an idiot." Venus spoke up after listening to them speak. "Congrats on the reunion as sisters but Arlong is a pirate. A bad one at that. Do you really think that he would keep his word?"

"He promised." Nami spoke.

Venus gave her a small look of disbelief before aiming her katana at her. "I promise to let you walk out of here alive. Do you believe me or think I'm lying?" She asked. Placing the tip on her neck.

"Venus.. I know you're mad but-." Nami began to speak.

"I am hurt by you Nami." Venus spoke as she lowered the blade from her neck. "You believe some rotting piece of pirate instead of someone who considered you a friend. Your words hurt me more than when you stabbed me."

"Venus I.. I'm sorry. I didn't know what he would do to you if you went up against him. I was trying to keep you safe."

"By killing me?" Venus asked upset.

"I didn't.." Nami quietly spoke.

"You and your Captain killed me for a few minutes Nami. You don't get to stand here and act like you didn't. I should thank you though. I learned a bit on how to keep control of my abilities from my parents."

Nami listened before aiming the katana at herself. "Stab me. Taking it out will make you feel a bit better."

Venus listened as she sent Nami back with a raise of her hand. Raising her katana before stabbing down.

Nami's heart began to race as a shocked gasp left her. Watching as she stabbed the dirt inches away from her stomach.

"I only kill people who are pure evil. I guess Luffy was right about you being a good person." Venus spoke before putting her sword back on her back's sheath. Holding her hand out to her.

Nami noticed before reaching out and grabbing her hand. Being pulled back up onto her feet. "Aren't you mad at me?" She asked.

"I am fuming at you but.. I don't want to lose any more people in my life. I don't want to hurt someone that I cared about." Venus spoke. "The crew needs their navigator."

Nami listened before hugging her tightly. Missing her the entire time.

Venus groaned as she patted her back. "I still need to breath." She spoke through the tight hug.

"Right, sorry." Nami spoke as she let go. "I was just happy to have you back. You mean a lot to me but now is not the time to talk about that."

"I still believe you could've told me about this." Venus spoke.

"I was unsure if you were going to believe me or not." Nami answered quietly. "I didn't know how to tell you and I let my bad actions hurt you. I was scared."

"I would never doubt you, Nami." Venus spoke softly. "You mean a lot to me."

Nami gave a small smile before glancing away. "I've been focused on getting the money to free Coco Village from Arlong that I let it blind me from the amazing friend I found."

Venus lightly patted her shoulder. "You have me for a long time. Just try not to stab me again or I will stab you back."

"Noted." Nami spoke as she gave a small smile.

Venus smiled back at her. "Welcome back Mi." She spoke back in a small whisper.

Nojiko gathered her thoughts. "This whole time.. You've been doing nothing but trying to help us. Why didn't you tell me either?" She asked. "Nami, I'm your sister-."

"I couldn't lose you too." Nami answered her. "Or anyone else in the village. Arlong had already done enough damage as it was."

"So you kept this secret all these years.." Nojiko asked as she sniffed a bit.

Nami lightly wiped her eye a bit as she nodded.

"You let me hate you Nami." Nojiko spoke. "I hated you with everything I had. I couldn't stand the thoughts of seeing you again."

"Because it was easier to have you hate me then losing you like we lost mom." Nami replied.

Venus watched them talk about the issue before hearing footsteps approaching them. Glancing over her shoulder to spot a group of Marines. "Damn it. Nami." She spoke as she turned back to the two. Trying to get up from her seat before feeling a pair of hands sit her back down as the main Marine walked to her. "Hey! Get your hands off- mphf!" Making her swallow an unknown pill like instructed to by a mysterious guy who had paid them to do so.

"Venus!" Nami spoke up.

"Not another step." The Marine spoke.