• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ʟɪx • •

"Any of them move, make sure it's their last." Garp spoke.

"I wouldn't count on that." Venus spoke up.

"Are you trying to make them shoot you?" Garp asked mockingly.

"I am simply stating a fact." Venus replied as she crossed her arms.

"Keep a close eye on that one." Garp instructed. Turning to Luffy. "Now come here, boy."

Luffy listened as he moved back a bit and away from him.

"I gave you every opportunity to follow my path as a Marine, to become a respected Marine at that. But instead you choose to live your life as a pirate." Garp spoke.

"No, grandpa." Luffy finally spoke. "I have always been a pirate."

"There's no more running away from me boy. Last chance, give it up!" Garp spoke up.

"That's not really my thing and you know it." Luffy spoke.

Garp knew he was right on that. The boy never seemed to give up on what he wanted and never had. Removing his cape and throwing it behind him for his cadets to catch it. "Fine, them show me what you've got."

Luffy felt ready as he got his arm stretched out before aiming for his grandfather in an attempt to punch him.

Garp blocked his attack with ease before making a fist. Punching Luffy as he sent the teen flying back and landing on his back.

Venus watched before raising her hands as she swiped her hand to the left. Sending the Marine's guns away from them in an instant.

"This is what you wanted, right? To become a pirate." Garp spoke as he began to walk towards Luffy. "I'll show you what we marines do to pirates."

Luffy stayed down at the moment. "I don't want to fight you grandpa." Luffy spoke.

"You have been fighting against me your whole life." Garp reminded him. Walking up to him as he raised his fist to punch Luffy.

Luffy dodged in time. Rolling to the side as he glanced at the spot he had been on. The wood having a hole in it where Garp punched.

Venus rushed over to help Luffy to his feet.

Luffy thanked her as he got back onto his feet. Glancing back at his grandfather. Using his stretching as he tried to punch at him again. Missing his hit.

"When are you going to learn that you can't and won't win?!" Garp asked. Punching Luffy and sending him flying back into an empty home."

Luffy coughed and groaned as he took the hit. Landing on the wooden floor and taking a moment to breath.

Garp watched him before turning to Venus. "You will never win against me or anyone else."

"That's where you're wrong." Venus spoke.

"We'll see about that." Garp spoke. Raising his fist to punch her back.

Venus noticed as she was quick on her feet. Doing a backflip before landing on her feet as she dodged his hit. Taking the moment to kick him back.

Garp stumbled back before huffing. "You got lucky that time."

"Sure, if it helps you sleep better at night." Venus replied before rushing to Luffy as she checked if he was okay.

Luffy coughed before standing up straight a bit. Putting his hat on properly before glancing back at his grandfather.

"I thought I trained you better than this Luffy. I'm disappointed." Garp spoke.

"You did." Luffy spoke as he grew serious once more. Focusing on what he had to do. "Venus stand back a bit." He added.

Venus nodded before moving away from him and keeping a safe distance but close enough to still help him if she had to.

Luffy used his stretch as he gripped onto something secure. "Gum Gum.. rocket!" He shouted. Sending himself flying towards Garp only for Garp to be unfazed.

Garp blocked his move and punched Luffy. Having him land and slide past him into some barrels there.

"Luffy!" Venus spoke up.

"You don't know how dangerous the world is, boy." Garp spoke as he turned to face Luffy. Walking back towards him. "The Grand Line isn't some child's game, you know." Picking up Luffy by his red vest. "I told you, you aren't ready. You're not prepared."

Luffy grunted when he was picked up. "You can hit me all day long.. but I will never be giving up on my dream. Ever." He spoke.

"Is that so?" Garp asked.

"I am going to the Grand Line." Luffy spoke up once more. "And you can't stop me. I will find the one piece. That's when I'll be.. King of the Pirates." He continued. Letting out a laugh as he was still being held off the ground by garp.

Garp heard him laugh as it reminded him of Gol D Roger. Letting go of Luffy and dropping him on the floor.

Luffy let out a small grunt as he was dropped. A small huff leaving him.

Garp took a moment before he soon began to laugh for a while. Holding his knees until he stood up straight. "Fine, have it your way." He spoke. Turning away from him as he glanced back at his cadets having no weapons. "What the hell?" He asked.

"I warned you." Venus spoke up. "The guns are on the left. They can get them back." She spoke.

"You really are like them." Garp spoke.

"It runs in my blood I guess." Venus shrugged.

Garp listened as he nodded in agreement. Turning back to his cadets. "What are you all standing around for?"  He asked. "Arlong's pirates are still on the loose." He reminded them. "I want them hunted down and arrested."

The cadets listened to their new orders before leaving as they went to do as told. Koby immediately following right after them.

"What about these Straw Hats?" Nezumi asked as he stormed over instead of following the others.

"What about them?" Garp asked.

"Arrest them too! They're the real criminals." Nezumi argued.

Venus listened as she seemed to recognize that voice. Walking over to them as she glanced at the Marine. "You." She spoke.

"You know him?" Garp asked.

"He's the one who gave me a strange pill by forcing me to take it and then took Nami's money." Venus explained. Walking slowly closer.

Nezumi stepped back. His hands up in defense. "N-not at all. You must have me mistaken for another marine."

"I am not. I know it was you." Venus spoke.

Nami helped her as she blocked his path so he couldn't escape from them.

Venus punched him before sending him flying back and managing to knock him out.

Usopp let out a small laugh as he watched while Zoro and Sanji laughed to themselves behind him. Vex letting out a small chuckle on his own.

Garp watched as he was a bit impressed that she could do that before turning to Luffy. "I knew that I'd never be able to change your mind." He spoke. "You're stubborn. Just like me. But I know who you are boy. I just wanted to make sure you knew it too."

"You were testing me?" Luffy spoke as he realized what his grandfather had been doing. "Couldn't you have gone a little bit easier on me?" He asked.

"Where's the fun in that?" He asked. Walking closer and placing his hands on his shoulders. "You are on your own now."

"No. You're wrong. I'm not. I have my friends with me." Luffy spoke. Glancing at the small group he had aquired as he smiled. He knew that they would make their dreams come true along the way.