• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xxxᴠ • •

The next day came along as Venus stayed with Zoro a bit longer. Gently hugging him as her head stayed on his shoulder. "Don't go." She lightly whispered.

"I have to." Zoro whispered back softly.

Venus lightly shifted as she glanced at him. "You're going to get hurt. Something bad is going to happen."

"I am going to be fine." Zoro tried to reassure her. "I have to go meet him."

That wasn't an answer she liked hearing from him as she sighed. "There's nothing I can say to change your mind, is there?" She asked.

"None." Zoro spoke.

"I want you back in one piece. Is that clear?" Venus asked.

"Yes ma'am." Zoro spoke. Running a hand through her hair at the moment before giving her a small kiss.

Venus returned the small kiss at the moment as she focused on him. Enjoying the small morning moment with him before pulling away.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Venus walked out with Zoro as she held his hand a bit. Still nervous of letting him do such duel with Mihawk as his opponent. Letting go of his hand as she walked to the side with Luffy, Vex, and Usopp. Glancing around as she hadn't seen Nami all morning.

"Monkey D. Luffy." Mihawk spoke once be saw the small group and the familiar Straw Hat. "I'm quite surprised that the marine's requested my services for such a small package. Though I do like your hat. Yet again.. you have someone on your crew who has quite the name." Glancing over at Venus.

Venus crossed her arm as she glanced away. She knew he was aware of her lineage and didn't want to bring it up.

"Enough." Zoro spoke up.

Mihawk listened to him before glancing away from her and back towards him.

"Let's begin." Zoro continued as he kept his gaze on Mihawk.

Mihawk didn't react to him. Simply reaching behind his neck and removing the cross necklace he had on. Showing the small hidden knife he had.

"What the hell is that? I'm here for a sword fight." Zoro spoke as he scoffed a bit at the small knife.

"I don't hunt rabbits with a cannon." Mihawk replied.

Zoro pulled out both of his swords as he got into position. "I'm no rabbit."

"That remains to be seen." Mihawk aimed the small sword at him.

Venus watched from the sidelines as she twirled the ring around her finger a few times nervously. Watching Zoro being sent back by the smaller blade.

"He's going to be fine." Vex spoke.

"I hope so." Venus mumbled as she bit her lip nervously.

"Got you on the run, huh?" Zoro asked as he attacked.

"Hardly." Mihawk replied nonchalantly as he was unfazed by the male's attempts. Sending Zoro back a few feet.

Venus watched as she closed her eyes. Hiding her face into Luffy's shoulder a bit.

Luffy patted her arm as he let her do so.

"You're strong." Mihawk spoke towards Zoro. "But fighting isn't all about strength."

"Stop talking already and fight me." Zoro replied. Getting back on his feet before charging at him again.

"You're like a little frog croaking in a well." Mihawk added. Dodging his attacks with ease. "Croak. Croak. Croak." He mocked a bit as he moved a bit away from Zoro.