Chapter Sixty five

The silence that filled the living room was nowhere near peaceful, it was unsettling....almost eerie as Mr Smith wordlessly sat on the single sofa, his usual spot with his head lowered in disappointment, thoughts running round his head that could not be deciphered by the others in the room.

"Michael, I still cannot believe this would be coming from you, I want you out of my house, right this instant" He finally spoke up, voice still laced with unhidden rage.

Michael replies with a curt nod from his spot next to the wall, bowing slightly before turning around, only for Midas to block his path.

"Where are you going?" He asked abruptly, breath ragged as he fought back his tears. "Are you just going to leave because he asked you to?! He yelled out, equally enraged at how the other seemed too comfortable with the idea of leaving.

Michael smiled at the other; "I have to leave Midas, not you" he finished before gently pushing the other and walking out, eliciting a loud scoff from Mr Smith who was forced to watch the exchange.

"Right in front of me?" He questioned angrily before turning his attention back to everyone else scattered around the large sofas. "How are you all not surprised? Am I the only one seeing this?" His voice boomed out, glancing around the room as he took in all their guilty faces.

"Wait a minute, Ma'am Grace? you knew about this?" He inquired looking around the room before continuing; "Byron? Cameron? You both knew Micheal was frolicking with your brother right under my nose?!" He spluttered in disbelief as they all avoided his gaze. Eyes finally falling on his wife who was gingerly playing with her fingers as she picked at them nervously.

"You too, Sophia?"

"I- they're dating.....and, I found out from Aiden" she says in a tiny whisper.

"Aiden?! So even Aiden knew about this and only I was left in the dark?!"

"Dad! Please!" Midas tearfully yelled

"Shut it! Not a word from you, Midas. I'm already struggling to accept the fact that you.....that men are your preference, and now you go and do this? You expect me to accept the fact that you're 'dating' your head of security?!"

"I don't care if you accept me or us and I don't care if you can't stand the fact that I was born this way but I love him Dad and i will not be sacrificing my happiness for whatever reason you may have" He uttered, voice going as high as he could get it to go, giving the fact that he was trembling and fighting back the pool of tears that threatened to break out any minute now.

"Boy, do you even listen to yourself!"
"I knew you wouldn't understand, It might not make any sense to you but I make perfect sense to myself, Dad, this is my reality and you can't change that" He sniffled

"Oh I've had enough of this tomfoolery, YOU'RE GROUNDED" He finished with a firm tone, watching Midas' jaw drop in disbelief.

"W-what?! You can't do that!" He squeaked.

"Yes, I can and I just did!"

"Why?!"

"Because i want you to be"

"And I asked why you'd want me to be" He shot back, voice going higher than he'd intended as he balled his fists, struggling to regain his breath as he started to hyperventilate.

"Did you just raise your voice a-"

"DAD JUST STOP IT" Byron cut in as he took in the younger's trembling form, Cameron rushing to his side, grabbing Midas by the shoulders, going over his breathing exercises so the boy didn't spiral into a full blown panic attack as he continuously took sharp intakes of air.