Chapter Nine

Gina walks out of her room, disheveled hair falling over her shoulders and a white robe thrown over her pajamas. She sighs as she takes a seat on the dinning table, a maid immediately placing a cup of coffee before her.

“Would you like me to prepare the bath, Madam?” The maid asks and Gina finally finds the strength to pick her head off the palm of her hands that were resting on the table.

"I don't think I'll be going to work today. And I'll let you know when I need the bath" she replies weakly and the maid bows, leaving her presence with a simple 'Alright, Madam".

With the maid out of sight, Gina brings the hot cup of coffee to her lips, taking a tentative sip. "What exactly am I doing this morning?” She asks to no one in particular, "What exactly am I doing?" She repeats before ruffling her hair in frustration and licking over her dry lips.
“This is all your fault, Roman,”

           . {A WEEK AGO}
The beep of the car locking accompanied the clicking of her heels as Gina walks into a house. The first thing she was greeted by, has her brows furrowing before the panic set in and her heart begins to drum erratically, hoping and praying that this wasn't exactly what she's was thinking it to be. Not again.

But the tell tale signs were all there. It couldn't possibly be anything else but she still hoped that it was. There was an almost empty bottle of wine on the table, where two obviously used wine glasses sits alongsides it. There was a designer handbag, unmistakably belonging to a woman, sitting on the arm of the sofa too and now that she looks to her feet, a pair of stilettos were neatly placed on one side of the entrance.

She sets her bag down, tears already brimming in her eyes as she makes her way closer and closer to the bedroom and she pushes the door open to find what wouldn't entirely be a shock but was enough to have her feeling like she was just doused in both warm and cold water at the same time.

On the bed was her so-called fiancé, -whom she was to get hitched with in exactly two months from now-, joined at the lips and undoubtedly other parts with some random woman. Their moans and cries of pleasure fills the room, blissfully unaware of her presence. A tear finally falls and she staggers backwards, holding herself up with the doorknob which causes the door to collide with the wall behind it, effectively alerting the couple.

The lady immediately pushes him off on reflex, grabbing unto the covers which she pulls to cover up her whole body, face included. Gina scoffs loudly at the shocked expression on Roman's face at the sight of her. She whips around and begins to walk away while Roman scrambles to pick and put on his underwear, all while chasing after her.

She was already out of the house and about to pull her car door open when he appears, standing between the door and Gina with an apologetic look on his face. She shakes her head, looking down to her feet as more tears fell.

“Regina, please! Hear me out” He begged.

“Hear you out? Are you even listening to your own self Roman? What more is there to see or hear from you, you cheating bastard!" She cries, glaring straight at him now, "This is the third time, Roman! You weren't blind when you did it the first time and you sure as hell were in your right senses when you did it again the second time, and now this!? I heard you out the first and second times. You begged me, you promised to change and I listened to you foolishly, but this is how you repay me? Wait until I'm out of the country to bring another one of your whores to the place we talked about starting a family?!" He opens his mouth to speak but she cuts him off with a pained scream of, "You're not fucking sorry, Roman, and I swear to God if you say you are, I will gorge your eyes out with the heel of my shoes! And to think you would've gotten away with this if my business partner wasn't held back by an emergency! And you'll continue to lie to my face about starting a new life in the home and bed you already tainted behind my back! It's been three times now that I caught you and God knows how many more times I didn't! It's obvious you don't ever plan to stop hurting me, Roman! And I don't want to keep living like this! With a constant fear of coming back home to meet my spouse in bed with someone else, I can't! I'm not going to do this anymore, we're through!." She cries, breaking down as her shoulders shake with the intensity of the sobs wracked out of her throat.