Chapter Thirty-four

The second time Sofia encounters Byron during breakfast felt awfully like the first, a sense of Deja Vu hitting the woman as Byron strides in, in a grey colored suit over a black turtleneck, ever bright smile etched on his face. The only difference, Sofia notes, is the little sense of familiarity she feels with the man's antics as he kisses Ma'am Grace's cheek with a greeting aimed at both women before he takes a seat and waits for his own breakfast.

When it arrived, the trio continue to eat with some light chatter that was mostly Sofia asking a few questions about Byron and he replies seamlessly, atleast until another pair walks in to the room.

Cameron was dressed in a wine colored suit, his white sneakers matching Byron's, but anyone could see the way the younger's mood visibly sours when Cameron walks in with Mr Jack in tow.

“Good morning, Ma'am. Morning, nanny,” Cameron greets as he takes a seat, Mr. Jack does too.

Sofia is a little surprised at the title for Ma'am Grace but she quickly understands that Midas referred to her as that too and seeing the way Byron interacts with her, it was quite obvious the kind of relationship they all had, and none of the men probably thought it out of place to keep calling her as they'd grown up doing. Sofia smiles, endeared at the habit.

"I do hope you're feeling better now?" She hears him ask and she nods, smiling even brighter.

"I do, thank you for asking"

"That's good to hear" Cameron hums just as his breakfast is served and he resigns to eating in silence. Sofia looks around the table, noting how neither of the brothers looked each other's way, talk more say a word to the other as they eat in silence.

Eventually, Cameron finishes first and with a curt smile at both women, he leaves the room, Mr Jack hotfooting behind him while Byron, albeit finished too, waits behind until his older brother is completely out of sight before he grins and the women and leaves with an elaborate farewell.

With both of them gone, Sofia finally turns to the older woman who knew exactly what her next words would be about, "They don’t get along?” She asks quietly and Ma'am Grace smiles weakly, shaking her head in answer as if dreading actually giving an answer and stamping the obvious.
.

..

"Morning!" Ava greets Michael as he emerges from his room, startling the man slightly.

He raises a brow at her and on looking toward the dinning area, he finds Lizzy who seemed to be nursing a bowl of what looked like soup.

"Morning," he greets back as he resumes walking to the coffee machine, "I'm assuming you both are just arriving?" He says, conversationally and Ava who seemed to be in a more chatty mood than usual, follows after him, beaming.

"Well, about an hour ago, yes. We hadn't even planned on going to the club but found ourselves there somehow, it was crazy!" She muses, smile wide.

Micheal is glad they had fun, he smiles, "I'm sure you had a lot of fun"

"Oh definitely!" She replies almost immediately, "I even made a new friend, and Lizzy here," she gestures towards the tired looking girl, wriggling her brows, ".... even found herself a boyfriend!"

Lizzy groans loudly at that, "Come on, I told you he just wanted to be friends!" She whines tiredly and Ava raises her hands in surrender, eyes still glinting with mischief.

"Sure, sure."

Michael's lips tugs up as he watches them interact so casually, bringing his now made cup of coffee to his lips, his eyes flits towards Midas' door quickly but Ava seemed to have caught it as she hurries to say, "Oh yeah, he said to tell you to come over whenever you're up"