Chapter Sixty One

"And how may I help you?" Gina said, breaking the silence as the lady continued to glare, not speaking a word.

"You must be the infamous Gina" Tiffany sneered, the sounds of the gum still in her mouth lining every word, opting to walk around the office, scanning its surroundings disapprovingly.

"I'm sure you read the signs up front before walking into the store, again.....How may I help you?" Gina, already deciding she detests this person, replied.

"Did your girl not tell you who I am?" Tiffany questioned again.

"I genuinely doubt you're named 'Byron's girlfriend'. " Gina bit back, sarcastically.

"And.... that should ring a bell to you, shouldn't it?..."

"Lady, can you cut the crap and state your purpose here, what even is your problem?" Lilian who had been silently looking on cut in, deciding she's had enough of this stuck up intruder, Gina calmly letting out a silent ; "Lilian, don't worry I got this" with a small nod.

"What? Why are you yelling? You wanna hit me or something? I said I am Byron's girlfriend, what? Do you want proof?" She affirmed.

"Well, go ahead and show it!"

"Gina? what are you doing?" Lilian, who was getting agitated on her seat, questioned.

"Lilian, I told you already,I got this.....well?" She nodded back at Tiffany who was still standing.

"I can see you think this is a joke" She scoffed before reached an obviously newly pedicured hand into her bag, searching for less than a second before throwing her 'proof' on the table, a couple of photos landing on the table in the peripheral of Gina's vision as she reached for one of them, easily recognized the people captured in it, even though they covered half of the others faced as the picture showed them locked in a seemingly passionate kiss in front of what looked like the clubhouse from the other time.

Lilian, who managed to catch a glimpse of the photo, sent a death glare to Tiffany as she turned back to read Gina's reaction, thrown into utter confusion as she saw a smile on the other's face.

"So...... You're here to let me know that Byron and yourself used to have a thing together?" She shook her head in disbelief, a smile playing on her lips but never reaching her eyes. "No, cause, make me understand, does this place look like a circus for you to walk in here with the sole purpose of clowning yourself? You think I don't know Byron? Think I wouldn't know the kind of life he had before we got together? Yeah, I know he was a bit of a playboy in his earlier days but in case he hadn't made it clear, that's all in his past now and so are you. So I suggest, you take this pitiful 'proof' of yours and walk out of here on your own legs before I have security toss you out.  Or scratch that, he got my text and should be here soon to take the trash out himself". She declared snarkily.

"Why, you little-- " Tiffany made to retort but her words died down in her throat as the doors burst open and an angry looking Byron took large steps towards her.

"I never thought of you to be this crazy, come out" he voiced out before grabbing her by the wrist, Immediately dragging her out of the office.

"Are you ok?" Lilian inquired worriedly.

"What, that? That was nothing, let's continue" she replied looking back down at the papers on the table, scrambling through them looking for nothing in particular.

"Gina, you don't have to pretend to be okay," Lilian said, taking her friend's trembling hands into her. "And you did so well, not letting her see your weakness, you definitely put her in her place, I love that!"

"Y-you really think so? Gosh I was trying so hard to not let her hear my voice break" Gina speaks, voice now shaky as she pulls her friend into a hug.

"Trust me, she'd never want to cross you again." Lilian assured, soothingly patting her back.