Chapter Forty-six

“.....And you're sure about this?" Larry repeats. Cameron, who is sat across from him in the spacious office sucks in a breath before nodding decidedly.

There's another beat of silence where he just stares into nothingness, like he really is weighing his choices, Cameron sighs, "I can't go on like this, it wouldn't end well for me and she would just end up miserable if we go on with this."

“Your father will be there tonight,” Larry reminds and Cameron fights back the urge to groan loudly, instead, he settles for massaging the space between his brows tiredly.

“I know. I know, but what else can I do? I need to do something before a wedding date is fixed. I’m sure it will disappoint my father, but this is about me. I would be the one going into a marriage I most definitely do not want. Lira seems to be all in, but what about my own happiness. I can't go ahead with it Larry, I simply can not." He finalizes, Larry nods in understanding.

"Of course that's very understandable, but seeing as it is a very sensitive matter, I'd advise you to break it to them as cautiously and gently as you could. But then again it's you, I trust you to know how to relay unpleasant news as well as you'd relay the good ones," Cameron chuckles at that but it comes out dry.

"Sure. I'll try."

"And while we're on that, let me just say I'm very proud of you for making the right decision. Your heart was never really in this anyway and it's great you're doing this before it gets too late."

“Right? I mean I've known Lira for so long and I honestly don't think there's going to be any sort of feelings no matter how much I continue to hope it'll happen. She's just not..... it for me. I am really doing this for her own sake too, I can't trap her in an unhappy marriage as much as I don't want that for myself either." Cameron supplies and Larry hums, absentmindedly massaging a kink in his neck.

"You know you have my support through and through. But that aside, how have you been? How’s things been going with you?”

Cameron laughs at that, obviously growing less stiff as he jokes, "I should be the one asking you that, you're the one who's been too busy to meet these days. I take it business has been running smoothly?" He asks, raising a teasing brow.

Larry chuckles along, "Tell me about it. It's crazy how we just went from quiet easy days to a whole whirlpool of work and business trips. I am tired and will be taking the next month off so better get that work in, Amirite?"

Cameron nods, humming, "That's great news and yes, you should. Hate to admit it but I missed having you around."

Larry snorts with a loud 'pfft' at that, "Ah, you've never really hidden the fact that you love me that well," he jokes, wriggling his brows and Cameron laughs, shaking his head at his friend's antics.

"You want to go grab some lunch before you have to leave?"

Larry rolls his eyes but he pushes himself off his seat regardless, "Damn, sending me away immediately after confessing your love for me?"

Cameron huffs out a smile and joins him almost immediately. They go out the door together, Larry continuing to do most of the talking as they chatted about random things.

.

Gina raises her head from where she'd been tapping away on her keyboard when her office door pushes open and an assistant walks in.

"Ma'am, someone is here to see you." She says, stopping in front of the now shut door so Gina has to strain to actually hear her words.

"Huh?" Gina asks, tilting her head, "Who is it? Did they give you a name?"