17.

Angelina's POV

I wake up the next morning in my comfy bed. The comforter pulled over my head making look like a burrito. A comfy looking burrito at that. I felt someone shuffle behind me and looked over to see Connor sleeping away. Little snores left his mouth, making me smile slightly as I reached over and began to draw little shapes on his bare chest. Last night was the best sleep I had ever had to say the least. His warm body and arm wrapped around my waist made me feel warm, yet safe at the same time. I hadn't felt like that for a long while.

"Hmm Ang stop" Connor mumbled. He was still half asleep. His voice groggy and cute. I felt myself falling more and more for him. I never wanted him to leave.

"Let's go do something" I say as I poke his cheek, he groans in response."Breakfast? Come on Connor" I pull the sheets off my body and get up.

"Sleep" He mumbles in response as he turned over and pulled the covers over his head. I roll my eyes, "Fine. I'll go get pancakes without you" I had never seen someone jump out of bed so fast at the sound of the word pancakes, until now at least. Connor quickly put on his jeans and t-shirt he wore yesterday. Normally I would make him shower, but luckily he had one just before bed.

I laughed lightly at his reaction, shaking my head in the process. I grabbed a fresh pair of clothes and made my way into the bathroom. I took a quick shower, washing my body nicely before wrapping a towel around my body and stepping out.

"Hey beautiful" Connor greeted, sitting up in my bed. A smile was evident on his face. I blushed lightly at the fact that the only thing covering my body was this towel. I wasn't sure why I was so nervous, but I was. It's not like he hadn't seen me naked before.

"D-Do you us mind just covering your eyes?" I asked quietly. Connor chuckled but turned over and covered his eyes without argument.

I quickly dropped my towel and got dressed. A pair of skinny jeans, a crop top and a black sweater was my outfit for the day. It was a bit cloudy outside, so putting on shorts wouldn't have been the best idea. I went over to Connor and pulled him off my bed and down the stairs, but not before giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

When we got downstairs I stopped in my tracks at the sight of my dad. Drunk as a skunk, passed out on the couch with a bottle in his hands. He has sworn to me that he has stopped drinking. I felt my heart shatter at the sight, he had lied to me. I knew he would never be able to give it up. Everything was so hard on him.

"Ang. I-I" Connor stood beside me in shock, not knowing what to say. I shrugged my shoulders in response and walked outside.

I didn't want to hear what he had to say about my dad. He had left long before my dad had become an alcoholic, so he didn't know one single thing. The last time Connor saw him, he was as happy as can be. Smiling with him, laughing with him, Connor would even go outside and chat with him while my dad had a cigarette. They had become so close. The door behind me closed gently and I when I turned around, I saw Connor standing there with tears streaming down his face. I walked over to him and pulled him into a hug.

I never knew seeing my dad as an alcoholic would hurt him this bad. I rubbed his back gently and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"H-He wasn't ever like that. Your dad was the coolest guy"

"I know. But after mom died, things took a turn with him. He was heartbroken and didn't know how else to cope with the loss" I shrugged. Connor sighed and walked to the car, not pushing the subject any further.

We arrive at the diner not that long after. The drive was quiet and not filled with much conversation, so when we arrived I was excited to say the least. I followed Connor inside and my nose was immediately filled with the smell of pancakes and bacon. It was the best scent, especially in the morning. The diner was cute, pictures of Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe and Buddy holly filled most of the walls, while the others had some photos of old cars and trucks. The booths were a nice red colour giving all of the vibes a classic 50's diner.

It was truly a nice place to be.

"Well good morning folks, party for 2?" A kind older woman greeted us at the counter. Her smile was friendly while her appearance was a bit more intimidating. Fiery red hair, and tattoos down her arm. At least she was kind.

"Yes for 2" Connor smiled. I'm glad he was feeling a little bit better. The lady nodded and walked us to our tables before handing us our menus and walking off.

We sat in silence, looking at our menus. The food looked amazing here, from waffles, to eggs, they had everything and it all looked very good.

"Hello, my name is Patty. What can I get for you today?" Our waitress smiled, holding her notepad in her hand. She looked to be about our age, short blonde hair and a slim build. She looked over at Connor and batted her eyelashes. I scowled at her for even attempting to flirt with him.

"I'll have the waffle special with bacon" Connor spoke, closing his menu with a smile. "Excellent choice, you know your food" Patty winks in response while Connor shoots her a smirk.

She looks over at me and rolls her eyes, "And for you?" I am taken aback by her dinner rush of rudeness. What the fuck is her problem?

"The chocolate chip pancakes with a side of bacon as well" I slam my menu shut and throw it on the table. She jumps slightly but picks up the menus and walks away. But not before running her hand against Connor's shoulder.

"What's wrong, Ang?"

I roll my eyes, "You were openly flirting with the waitress right in front of me"

"Oh I was not. Relax" Connor responded nonchalantly, as if nothing was wrong with that. I felt hurt at his words and tone of voice. This move just shot me a step away from forgiving him.

"Whatever. I'm not talking about this anymore" I reply and look away. The wait for our food isn't too long, but it is a painfully silent one. No one says a word, all that's heard is just the sound of plates clattering, chefs calling out orders, and people entering the restaurant.

"Your food" Patty snaps me out of my gaze as she places our food down, she once again winks at Connor before walking away.

"I'm ignoring it, Ang" I can hear him laugh as he finishes his statement. I look up at him and roll my eyes, which is something I've been doing a lot of this morning. I choose not reply, but immediately dig into my food instead.

—————-

Well another chapter is here. I am not sure how long to make the book but I feel as if there will maybe be a few chapters left. Again, I hope you all are enjoying it.

Make sure to keep commenting, voting and following!

Love you all
Xoxox