4.

Angelina's POV

"So Angelina. How has school been for you so far?" Ava asked, as we sat down at the lunch table. Do I tell her? Do I tell her about the horror I face? Or do I just make up some bullshit? I sit here hoping that the populars wont come over and ruin everything.

"I-Its good. English so far has been my favourite" I say. She smiles, "English was my favourite subject too" she exclaims, her face lighting up. The more we talk, the more I learn that Ava and I are basically the same person. We have the same interests, the same love for books and essays. It felt like I had finally sound someone like me.

Minus the terrible bullying, and scars that is.

"Wow Angelina. We have so much in common" I smiled at her response.

The rest of the lunch period went by and before we knew it, it was time to head to class. I threw away my empty food containers and headed into the hallway with Ava walking beside me.

"Wow the loner found a friend" Someone snickered. I looked over and saw Tyler walking over to me with Ryan by his side. Both of them smirking at Ava. I can see her shift uncomfortably as the guys made their way over to us.

"You must be new here" Ryan smirked. She nodded her head and stepped closer to me. Ryan laughed at her response to his introduction.

"Keep hanging around with her and you'll end up just as alone" the guys laughed.

"L-Leave her alone" Ava mumbled.

"Or else what?" Tyler smirked as he shoved me into the lockers, causing me to groan in pain at the impact.

"I'll kick your asses into next week. I'm a black belt, don't fuck with me" I looked at Ava shocked. Where did this come from?

"Yeah right little girl. We're hockey players. Nice try" Ryan smirked. It looked like he was getting a kick out of this. Ava opened her mouth to reply, but was interrupted by the bell. The guys gave me one last shove before walking away.

"Thanks for that Ava. No one ever really sticks up for me" I gave her a hug, "it's no problem Angelina. I've been bullied too. I know what it's like" She gave me a friendly smile.

We said our final goodbyes before making our way to our next period class. I walked into my busy math class and took a seat in my usual desk. I sighed at the person sitting next to me.

It was Connor.

Math was the one subject we had together and boy it was one I wish I could drop just so I don't see him. He was involved in everything the guys did to me. He never once stopped them. He never once stood up for me.

He was basically one of them.

"Why are you sitting next to me?" I mumble.

"Because I want to" He shrugs as he takes his notebook out of his bag.

Class started with out teacher, Mr.Hicks giving us a lecture and then handing out our next assignments. He walks over to me and Connor and passes us each a piece of paper. I grab mine and sigh. Math was never a string subject of mine. Normally Connor would help me because he was always a math whiz.

"I'll help you" Connor says, giving me his signature smile. I feel my cheeks heat up as I return the smile and nod my head. He begins to explain the math problem to me and how to solve it, but if I'm being honest the only thing I am focusing on is him.

His smile. The way he looks so concentrated when speaking. It makes me miss Connor even more.

"Um, are you paying attention?" Connor asks, a smirk evident on his cute face. My cheeks turn red once again, "Y-yeah" I reply.

The class goes on and on and when the bell finally rings, I quickly pick up my stuff and try to make a run for the door but Connor grabs my arm to stop me. He looks at me and sees me wince slightly, making his face fall. I drift my eyes to my wrist and he gives me a confused expression before slowly sliding up my sleeve.

At this point I am thankful that the classroom is empty, my scarred wrist was visible. It was out in the open. Connor looked up at me, tears running down his face as he ran his fingers up and down the cuts. He knew. He instantly knew what they were.

"A-are they because of me?"

Of course he asks if they're because of him. Something to go tell his friends about I'm sure. I couldn't help but feel this anger arise in me. How dare he make this about him.

"Because of you? Seriously you see your ex girlfriend with scars and the first thing you do is ask if they're because of you?" I yell, pulling my arm away from him as quickly as I can. "You left me when I needed you most. I knew it was because of your precious reputation. Who knew what would have happened to it if you dated the depressed girl who self harms" I am full on screaming at this point. He wipes his tears and looks at me with a fire in his eyes.

Is he gonna hit me.

"My reputation? You think I left you because of those fucking morons? I left because I couldn't handle the fucking stress. It was hard for me to see my beautiful fucking girlfriend go from the happiest person to the saddest girl in the world. You think I wanted to walk out? I had to because I couldn't stand not making you happy anymore" he yelled.

"You were the only person that was keeping me sane. When you left, I had nothing to be happy for. Your friends bully me, beat me up and you do nothing to stop it. You watch from a distance, don't think I don't see you behind them. You've done nothing to help me you've only made things worse, Connor" I yelled back, tears streaming down my face.

His face fell, tears streamed rapidly down his as well. He didn't say anything. He just walked up to me and wrapped in a warm embrace. The embrace I longed to feel again. The embrace I missed more than anything. The smell of his cologne filled my nose making me let out a small sigh of relief. I was finally in his arms again.

As much as I was angry at Connor I loved him more than anything.

"I'm sorry Ang. I'm sorry I left you when you needed me most" he began as he pulled away, he put his finger under my chin so I would look up at him. "I'm here now. I'm here for you and I'm not leaving until I help you find your smile"

———-

Yaaay! Connor and Angelina are getting closer! Thank you all so much again for reading! Love you

Xoxox