7.

Connor's POV

Ah game day. My favourite day. The start of a new hockey season means the start of playing the game I love most. I laced up my skates alongside my teammates, smiling at the feeling of having everything on and looking around the packed locker room. I stood up from my stall and made my way to the middle of the room, everyone cheering, including our coach, Mr.Dawson.

"Alrighty boys" I began, a smile evident on my face, "it's the start of a new season and I'm so excited to play with you guys. Let's go out there and kick some ass" Everyone hollered and cheered as made our way out of locker room and onto the ice. The smell of the ice, the sound of my skates gliding across as well as the sound of the crowd cheering made me feel amazing.

Hockey was the one sport I couldn't live without. Growing up watching the sport and looking up to players like Sidney Crosby has made me realize I wanted to be a hockey player. I train the hardest during the season, and I hope I one day get drafted into the NHL.

It will always be a dream of mine.

Angelina's POV

"Come on Ang, we're going to the game" Ava called as she walked downstairs. I groaned loudly and told her a quick no.

Tonight was the first game of the school's hockey team. I was happy for Connor and the team, I know it can be exciting, but I made sure to tell him that I won't be coming tonight. I haven't been to a game in a while and I know for a fact the girls will bully me there.

Hockey has always been a big part of Connor's life from what I remember him telling me. He's been playing since he was a kid. I always supported him, even after we had broken up. Cheering him on always made me happy because I knew he was doing great, he was the best player on that team.

After an hour of arguing, Ava and I were at the arena. I had grabbed my Jean jacket with the name 'Bedard' written on the back. I hadn't worn this jacket in a while and I'll admit it was nice having it on again. My nerves on the other hand kept on getting worse and worse which each step we took towards the arena. By the time we reached the stands, my nerves were utterly unbearable. I can feel the eyes of everyone on me as I walk to the empty seats at the glass and take a seat. I pulled my jacket over my head, trying to draw less as little attention to myself as possible.

My eyes scanned the ice as I tried to look for Connor and when I finally found him, I waved and banged on the glass hoping I'd get his attention. He looks up at me and gives me the biggest smile as he skated over and tapped the glass with his hockey stick.

"You know, you guys are the cutest couple around" Ava chirped, smiling wide at the interaction. I felt my cheeks get warm and I knew they were red. It makes me happy to know that someone loves our relationship, even if it is my best friend.

I kept my eyes on the ice for the entire game, feeling myself get more and more excited with each that was scored for our team. Connor scored a beautiful top shelf goal and I swear I was cheering the loudest. I could hear people snicker around me, but I chose to ignore them and keep my attention strictly on Connor and the boys. He looked so cute on the ice, so focused and all.

The game went on and on. The boys won 5-3 and everyone who attended our school was on their feet cheering for our first win of the season. Including me. I gave Connor a wave and blew him a kiss, making him blush but blow one back.

"Come on Ang, let's get outta here" Ava snapped me from my thoughts as she lightly pulled on my arm. I followed her out of the rink and into the main lobby of the arena.

"Well well well, look at who showed up" a familiar voice called, making me stop dead in my tracks. I turned around and was met with Alexandra, Steph, and Brianna. All of them were dressed in the same blue Jean jackets as I was, except theirs had different names on them.

They looked at me with disgust. Their arms were crossed against their chests, purses hanging from their shoulders. I gulped loudly as Ava stood in front of me. The girls laughed at her attempt and pushed her onto the floor, she landed with a loud thud.

"Leave her alone" I yelled as I help Ava off the floor.

"Make us, Loner" Alex hissed as they all walked up to me. I was slapped in the face first and then pushed to the ground. I heard Ava yelling for them to leave me alone and when I looked up she was being held back by Brianna and Steph.

Alex continued her slaps and hair pulls for a good 5 minutes. A crowd has formed around us at this time, everyone chanting 'fight, fight, fight' while recording the entire ordeal. I felt helpless. I laid on the ground pleading for her to stop. She finally did and my entire body ached.

"What the fuck Alex" Connor ran up to me and helped me off the floor. Constantly asking me if I was alright. I had tears falling down my face, making everyone laugh at me.

"I can't believe you even wanna be seen with this loser" Brianna chuckled, everyone around else laughed.

"I'd rather be seen with a loner, than a slut" Connor barked back, his fists clenched. The crowd let out 'ooos' as they watched on.

"Don't you people have better things to do with your time?" The crowd dispersed quickly after Connor yelled at them. People mumbling and talking amongst themselves.

I can already picture the entire thing being put online. The idea of that made me sick to my stomach, especially knowing that I would make Connor a laughing stock for even being near me. What if he got kicked off the team? What if everyone started hating on him? These thoughts ran through my mind as I walked with him down to where his car was parked. Ava ended up catching a ride home from her mom after the entire thing.

I felt like an idiot for even attending this game. I just hoped that Ava didn't hate me.

"What are you thinking about Ang?" Connor snapped me from my thoughts, placing a gentle hand on my thigh.

"Nothing" I mumbled as I looked out the window. He let out a sigh and dropped the conversation. I guess he just didn't want to pressure me into talking about it.

The rest of the car ride was silent. The only thing heard was the soft music playing in the radio mixed with the peaceful sound of the night. I placed my head on the window and felt my eyes close.

———

Connor saves the day again for Angelina, am I right everyone?

I hope you all are having a great day. I would love to learn more about my readers and what you all think will happen next! Feel free to comment anything.

Love you all

Xoxox
Paolina