🏹 fifty-seven

"it's okay haeun, let it all out

"it's okay haeun, let it all out." rei comforted haeun who was seated on the edge of her bed with face buried in her palms as she cried her heart out, a reassuring hand rubbing her back soothingly in circles whilst the girl's head rested on her shoulder.

rei and haeun were currently sitting on the girl's bed as crystalline tears stained her cheeks whilst she cried on the japanese girl's shoulder, her mind going back again and again to the argument that took place an hour prior that just made her sob harder.

it was really bad, both had said things they don't mean or that never even cross their minds and shouted at eachother as haeun told him to leave her house before it got any worse than it already was. she didn't wanna start an argument, she really didn't want to, all she wanted was to communicate with him and let him know how frustrated this whole situation was making her feel.

yet here she was, crying over spilled milk.

"i don't know how things escalated like that between us, but i'm so stupid—! i didn't wanna kick him out, i actually wanted to apologize but i told him to leave—!" the girl could barely blurt out a sentence without being interrupted by a hiccup as her chest jumped up and down in an almost anxious manner, tears rolling down her pearl-like cheeks uncontrollably and leaving trails behind them.

the situation at school didn't help her calm down either, recalling how the girl that she had known for most of her life was the reason why her life has been a hell. jiwon was the reason why haeun got bullied, the reason why jungwon got into a fight and the reason why haeun could be never left alone by jisung. jiwon has been jealous of haeun for as long as she could remember. but how could she not? haeun was all she could never be.

the drop that made the jar overflow was the guy she had met on vacation, who happened to go to their school, rejecting her because he liked haeun. so out of fumbling jealousy, jiwon started plotting against her. she started the rumors that got her bullied, she told jisung haeun was still interested in him because she knew he was a terrible man. hell, she even helped minji succeed in her plan.

"stop blaming yourself haeun, it's not your fault. you were just frustrated, and conflicts happen in all relationships. the important thing is that you both apologize and make up." the japanese girl reassured her sweetly, a hand caressing the other's head comfortingly as the brunette tried to calm herself down whilst wiping away another tear that smudged her smeared mascara even further.

maybe rei was right, maybe this was just a conflict that will be resolved in a few days and everything will go back to normal. even if normal shouldn't be her boyfriend dumping her for another girl. normal should be them able to see eachother without someone taking away their time, normal should be them able to cuddle whenever they feel like it or be able and not feeling distant from eachother.

haeun glanced outside the window of her room that was dripping in raindrops, the gloomy sky resembling their feelings on that day as it poured its tears over the roofs of the many houses in seoul, and stared at the home in front of hers while wondering if her boyfriend was even in there in the same conditions she was in.

jungwon was no different than her, laying lifelessly on his bed in the darkness of the gloomy sky as the silence enveloped the dim room. the raindrops violently hitting the glass of his window was the only audible sound in the dead quietness in the 4 walls he closed himself in, a phone laying near his head as he desperately waited for it to miracously vibrate with a message or a call from his girlfriend.

his body was hugged by an oversized hoodie, opposite to the school uniform he left her house in, eyes swollen, red and aching from the continous crying and hair messed up due to the constant moving all over his pillows and the grasping with his digits.

he fucked up, god if he did, and he swears he would just run to her house and knock on her door until she opened it and hug her so tigh that it was impossible for him to let go. well, all of this would happen if she didn't kick him out obviously.

his palms slapped over his face in frustration, slowly dragging them down his skin as he felt the back of his eyes burn with tears that threatened to blurry his vision and roll down his cheeks at the simple thought of all the possible scenarios that could happen after this fight.

what if they part ways? what if haeun doesn't want to see him anymore? what if she stops talking to him? what if things fall apart between them?—

the sudden vibration coming from his phone made him snap out of his trance of thoughts as he immediately grabbed it just in case it was haeun, only for his eyes to drop disappointedly once all he saw was a message from his basketball group chat.

had he set his hopes too high? yes, he definitely did. but if only he knew this was only the start.

 but if only he knew this was only the start