🏹 fifty-four

"are you free tomorrow? i wanna take you out now that i'm finally being allowed to go out again

"are you free tomorrow? i wanna take you out now that i'm finally being allowed to go out again." jungwon questioned haeun as he walked into his room with two cups of hot chocolate, setting one near haeun on his desk where all her books were resting open as they were currently in the middle of a tutoring session at his house.

"i think so." haeun replied shortly as she busied herself to continue writing down the solution to a math problem on her notebook, avoiding eye contact with him and ignoring how bewildered he seemed by her answer. she would usually be excited at the thought of going out with him, but now she seems rather uninterested.

"is everything all right?" he placed a hand on her exposed thigh to grab her attention, lowering his head a bit to try and meet eyes with her with concern written all over his shart yet soft features while the girl seemed unfazed by his actions unlike usual as she would blush at the slightest touch.

"i'm alright." she pushed the hand off her thigh and moved her leg farther from him, continuing to scribble on her paper while letting his reaction pass unnoticed by her since she wasn't in the mood to talk with him after he lied to her just to go out with another girl.

"i'm sure you had fun with minji yesterday. i can see how you weren't allowed to go out and we couldn't meet." jungwon's defined lips fell ajar upon realizing what she meant, a sensation of panic setting inside of him at the simple thought of her seeing him with the girl that gave her several trauma after he said he couldn't go out for a while.

"wait haeun, it's not what you think." haeun tsked as she raised her gaze from the paper, straightening her posture before crossing her arms with an unbelievable expression twisting her delicate features not believing he's trying to explain himself when she saw everything with her own eyes.

"and what exactly is going on then? it is pretty obvious that you're—"

"minji used the video we recorded a few weeks ago to blackmail me and convince me to go out with her. she threatened to spread the tape around if i didn't agree." he confessed in a rambling of words, still attempting to make eye contact with her whilst pressing his lips into a thin line as his dimples carved his cheeks and hearing his own heartbeat rumble in his ears in nervousness.

she could get mad at him for letting someone see a video that was supposed to remain private. she could get mad at him for going out with minji despite her being the girl who put her through so much shit. she could get mad at him for technically lying about not being allowed to go out, even if his parents were just against him seeing haeun. and she had every right to do so.

"i'm so sorry haeun. i wasn't allowed to go out with you by my parents but that's still no excuse for me to go out with another girl." jungwon apologized with a sad tone as he fidgeted with a pencil that sat in front of him, a wave of guilt washing over him just at the thought of how hurt haeun must've been at the sight of him and minji.

god, he feels like a terrible boyfriend right now.

"i hope you can forgive me, but you have every right to get mad at me." haeun's gaze, which fell on her lap as she listened to his words, landed on him and his guilty demeanor as her tongue brushed on her chapped lips. her hands slightly clutched the hem of her skirt in nervousness at the simple thought of minji having a video of the two of them making love and ready to share it with everyone online.

and to think that she must've seen her body fully naked, that makes her want to cry in shame.

"it's okay jungwon just, how did minji get the video?" jungwon couldn't help but advert his gaze on haeun's anxious state, reaching out for her hand before intertwining their fingers and softly caressing the back of her palm with his thumb as to tell her he is there for her.

"someone went through my phone when i left it in my backpack and sent the tape to her. i have no idea how they found it because i kept it i a folder with a pass code, but that's how she got it." the girl swore she could feel the back of her eyes burning with tears that threatened to build up and blurry her vision, keeping her gaze on her lap while feeling won's worried eyes on her figure before he pulled her in for a hug and letting her cry on her shoulder.

" the girl swore she could feel the back of her eyes burning with tears that threatened to build up and blurry her vision, keeping her gaze on her lap while feeling won's worried eyes on her figure before he pulled her in for a hug and letting her...

merry (late) christmas !! guess who caught a cold, a sore throat and a high fever two days before christmas and is still sick 🤡