🏹 sixteen

italy was beautiful, really, haeun is never gonna lie about that, but she was left with her parents' secretary all the time as if that woman was a dogsitter so she just decided to fly back home earlier than planned even if it was without her parents

she's an adult anyways so it's not a problem.

she'll be alone for the next two weeks as her parents decided to extend their stay in italy both for business and later on to enjoy their holidays, and she is somewhat grateful that she'll be completely alone with jungwon for the meantime.

he has been on her mind quite a lot lately, more than she would like him to because she swore she would never like someone else in her life after what happened three years ago.

haeun's first love, kwan jisung, broke her heart for the first time in her life. she liked him, so much that she was almost in love, and after a few years of crushing on him she gathered up the courage to confess her feelings for him.

he accepted, despite knowing his heart belonged to someone else, and they dated for some months before haeun discovered the heart shattering truth. jisung only dated her to get closer to her now ex best friend since she was the girl he liked.

he even cheated on her with her best friend behind haeun's back while they were still dating. that girl didn't feel a tiny bit bad about what she did and put all the blame on jisung.

it was definitely jisung's fault too, but she could've simply rejected him if she "didn't mean to".

and from that day on, the day she wasted so many tears over a mid boy, she decided that all boys were jerks and assholes and she would never feel anything romantic towards one again.

but jungwon seems to be on the thick shell protecting her heart, slowly and slyly creating small cracks until it shatters completely and he has full access to write his name on it.

she doesn't give second chances, but cupid seems to be begging for it more than ever.

"younglady haeun, jungwon is here." haeun quickly fixed her tennis skirt in front of the full-length mirror with a closed mouth smile, taking a small plastic bag from her bed and placing it on her study desk in front of the chair he usually sits on.

she admits that lately she's been subconsciously making herself prettier for the tutoring sessions, even more than when she goes to school.

"what is this? is it for me?" jungwon questioned her immediately after he stepped inside her bedroom, a smile already adorning his lips as his index finger pointed at the said bag.

sure he was excited that his first crush in a while getting him a gift, so that meant she thought about him at least once, but once his eyes landed on the cute tennis skirt that left her smooth long legs there for him to drool over, it made him excited in another way.

"yeah, it's from italy. it's not that much though." the boy quickly opened it just to find a cute fluffy teddy bear with 'i love italy' written on its tummy. it was cute, indeed, because it was from her and that's all that matters.

"it's cute. i would bring you one too but i never really go anywhere because my parents are always working." haeun shook her head with a reassuring smile once he looked at her with a grin on his kissable lips, assuring him that he doesn't need to repay her back in any way.

"i feel you, my parents ditched me for work with their secretary, that's why i came back earlier."

hearing that, jungwon felt surprised by the fact that haeun's parents aren't any different from his. the parks always looked like a happy and healthy family, two loving parents and a perfect daughter. that's probably because that is what mrs.park wanted him to see and think.

she wants him to perceive them as the perfect family, as to make a good impression on him and eventually on his own family, since haeun's mother wants the two of them to date so badly.

it seems like mrs.park wishes are slowly coming true.

yall soft stans aren't ready for the next chapter