🏹 thirty-one

"how was school?" jungwon questioned his girlfriend as soon as she stepped inside his car and sat on the passenger's seat, observing how she quickly closed the door and fastened her seat belt whilst avoiding eye contact with him

"how was school?" jungwon questioned his girlfriend as soon as she stepped inside his car and sat on the passenger's seat, observing how she quickly closed the door and fastened her seat belt whilst avoiding eye contact with him. she knew concern was slowly painting his elegant features, and she couldn't handle to face him in this conditions.

"are you okay?" he raised his hand to gently tuck a strand of her chocolate waves that were covering her face behind her ear, but hesitated once she flinched slightly. haeun rapidly recomposed herself and cleared her throat, pushing the said strand behind her ear herself as she kept her gaze fixated on the floor of his car. "i'm okay."

no she isn't. her hair were slightly messed up, her make up was now removed and she looked shaken by whatever happened in the seven hours they were away from eachother. the bruise on her arm and her hands trembling didn't pass unnoticed by him.

"how did you get that?" she fell quiet once he pointed at the lesion, immediately covering it with her palm and wrapping her slim fingers around her wrist. "i-i just fell during pe."

"can we please go? i have a lot of homework to do." won pressed his lips into a thin line and just shrugghed it off, deciding to let it go for the meantime since it looks like she doesn't wanna keep this conversation going. he twisted the key and started the car, driving off her school in the tense atmosphere enveloping the air.

he could immediately sense that something happened, and he knows that bruise is not just an injure she got during pe. he doesn't wanna jump into conclusions yet, but perhaps his guts are right.

"do you want me to help you?" haeun instantly shook her head as she kept her gaze outside of the window, too scared he'll read her like an open book to look at him straight in the face. it's just a small problem and he doesn't need to know. she is old enough to handle it by herself, he shouldn't feel burdened by such childish issues.

"are you sure? i have basketball practice tomorrow, so i won't be available." once again, all he received was a nod which made him sigh deeply, turning the steering wheel to the side and shutting his mouth.

has he done something to upset her? she doesn't seem pleased by his presence at all, and she certainly doesn't wanna engage in any conversation with him right now from what he understood by her cold and short replies. perhaps, she just had a bad day and is a bit moody. maybe she just needs to be alone for a while to wash away all the negativity.

"and we're here. i'll be home the whole evening if you need me for anything." she quickly unfastened her seat belt and clutched her backpack over her chest, not wasting a second to exit his car and close the door almost immediately, looking inside the open window. "bye baby, i love you."

the brunette nodded her head and swung her backpack over her shoulder. "bye jungwon." and with that, the girl walked away from his car before he could say anything, rapidly getting inside feeling his gaze piercing through her thick skull.

did he hear that right? she called him by his name and didn't even say i love you back? has he done something to upset her this much? he remembers her clearly greeting him goodbye happily right before leaving his car for school. she even asked him to go to a cat cafè for a study date, but she cancelled it via text last minute.

all jungwon could do was sigh deeply and sadly, pulling his key out of his car and grabbing his backpack from the backseat before getting out of his automobile and locking it. he's probably gonna overthink every single thing he did and said before he dropped her off at school. perhaps, the fact that he brought her to school is what made her upset.

she didn't even say i love you back, so as much as that bruise tells him there is something more than a pe lesson, he feels as if it has to do with something he had done this morning. she wouldn't ignore his declaration of love because of someone else, right?

sorry for updating late guys 🥲 i spent 5 hrs on an assignment and i completely forgot to post