|You call it madness, but I call it love|

Start from the beginning

Lea's eyes snapped open, and she shot up in bed

That was... weird.

And a bit uncomfortable.

She had no idea why she was dreaming about Trent and if this was some little mental implant by Medea, then she was going to wring her neck and finger out how she managed to do it.

Her eyes moved across the cabin, and she could immediately see Percy staring back at her. He was pale, bags under his eyes. He was shivering as if he had stared death in the face and was simply waiting for it to take him. Lea got of her bed quickly before crawling into his.

The twins wrapped their arms around each other, and it was like they were children once more. She didn't ask him about his dream, and he didn't ask about hers, but for a moment, they were no longer fourteen years old kids, but mere seven years old comforting one another after a nightmare. Salome jumped down from her cat tower to lie across the bed and even if it got overheated really quick, they said nothing.

And...

They stayed like that the entire night.

Percy was still a bit shaky the next morning, but it wasn't something that Lea could give much thought to

Percy was still a bit shaky the next morning, but it wasn't something that Lea could give much thought to. After all, she was bit lost in her own head about the dream she had and comparing to the fleeting glimpses she remembered from the months before.

She followed Percy to the war council. They met in the sword arena which was a bit better than the ping pong table. It had certain kind of gravitas for war even if she did like the informal atmosphere around that table. Salome followed after them, cozying up to their legs as if she was still a small kitten butting for affection.

Mrs. O'Leary chewed on a life-size squeaky pink rubber yak.

Salome turned her nose up at it.

Of course, when one of your co-owners was an interdimensional alien entity that could gift you all kinds of toys... things like that seemed mundane.

Chiron and Quintus stood at the front by the weapon racks. Clarisse and Annabeth sat next to each other and led the briefing. Tyson and Grover sat as far away from each other as possible. Also present around the table: Juniper the tree nymph who was apparently Grover's girlfriend, Silena and Drew both with sparkly pink notebooks, The Stoll Brothers, Beckendorf, Lee Fletcher, even Argus, the hundred-eyed security chief.