26 | "...more than myself..."

Staying a week in Kyoto with no drama whatsoever was something Hinata had not seen coming. When Hiashi told them to stay there for the remaining two weeks of the year she was convinced he had something in mind like he always did, but so far nothing had come up. This should be a good thing but it worried her, it scared her. When your enemy is silent just know they are planning something.

Momona threw another kimono towards the bluenette an irritated groan leaving her lips. Hinata shifted her gaze from the light that hung on the ceiling to her friend who was kneeling in front of her wardrobe, kimonos of different styles and designs littered around her. "For your information," Hinata started, "You're clearing this up."

"That's not the problem right now Hinata-sama, I can't find a kimono that brings out your beauty! I mean they're all beautiful but honestly, black? Are you going to a funeral?" Hinata shrugged as she walked over to where Momona was and looked through the kimonos that were scattered across the floor. She picked up a light lavender one with dark floral patterns in contrast to the background colour.

"What about this one?" Momona turned to look at the cloth and her eyes immediately shot up with sparkles in them.

"Oh, beautiful! Now you're sorted, we need to choose one for Tenten." A groan was heard from the other room making the girls laugh. "Come on Tenten, this will be the last time this year you'll ever wear a kimono!" Momona called back but TenTen's groan was even louder. "Hanabi-sama! Please come and choose the kimono you wish to wear!" She called to the younger Hyūga who shuffled in wearing a pale pink kimono with lavender floral patterns on them. "Why are Hyūga women so beautiful?" She whispered, clutching her chest.

"Thank you?"

Neji was a calm, cool and collected man who barely flaunted his emotions for the whole world to see. He was better than Sasuke but still held his dignity. But you see, no matter how cool you try to play it off people have their weaknesses which tamper with their emotions and codings and they suddenly act out of character. Well, unsurprisingly for Neji, his weakness, as he was soon to realise, was Tenten. What shocking news (note the sarcasm).

He had never felt so not calm and collected in his life whenever the brunette bounced into the picture and suddenly he was saying something stupid, something Neji would never say, or acting out of character which scared him, because what the hell?

As if she had read his mind, she slammed the room door open and jumped in, struggling to walk in the kimono Hinata and Momona had picked out for her. It was a traditional black kimono with white floral patterns engraved into them. Her hair was tied back and instead of her usual twin buns, with was a neat one with floral gold hairpins holding the bun in place. Neji looked up and he felt his throat go dry. Shit not again!

"Opinions and reasons why I should wear this to a festival." She demanded, lifting her arms and spinning around so he could see it properly. Neji pursed his lips as he felt the tips of his ears glow red,

"It's nice...I guess," he answered looking away. Tenten stared dumbfounded at the Hyūga, nice? That's it? She shrugged,

"Fair enough. Are you ready? The festival starts in a bit and I need to be there on time to eat all the candy apples," she answered, picking up the tiniest bag she had ever seen in her life and leaving the room. When she was gone and out of earshot, Neji let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. What was that answer? Nice?! Who the hell compliments a lady with nice? He slapped his forehead, kicking himself at his stupidity.

"Neji, stop self-harming yourself and get your lazy ass out of the room we gotta go!" He heard Naruto call as he walked past the room, then padded back and stood at the entrance with a grin, "What do you think about my yukata?" He grinned, practically jumping from foot to foot like an excited child,