5 | Obedient daughter

Naruto paused in the middle of eating his ramen. Side note, Naruto never paused when eating his ramen. If his hearing was working properly and he didn't need hearing aids, Hinata, the cocky and proud Hyūga, would do what ever her dad told her, with no questions. That's not it at all.

He lowered his chopsticks, licked up the ramen soup that had messed up his mouth and was about to counter back when Kushina let out a rather loud sigh it started attracting unwanted attention and stares from other costumers.

"What d'you mean? You gotta have your own opinion y'know? Between women and women, tell me, do you really want to marry that blonde pile of idiocy over there?" Kushina pointed to her own son who's face twisted in fake hurt.

Hinata hesitated before slowly shaking her head, "B-But I will!" She added quicker than flash, "It benefits my father so...I will." She muttered the last part while fiddling around with her fingers and twirling the end strands of her dark blue hair.

There was silence between the group and the only audible sound was the ones of people around them and the clacking of chopsticks on a ramen bowl. Naruto never took things seriously. Although they were not surprised, Minato and Kushina both kicked his leg under the table, his face scrunched up.

Served him right.

-

Finally, with a puff of breath, Hinata gripped the handle of the Hyūga mansion door, falling to her knees. She inhaled and exhaled large volume of air as she tried to catch her breath. Mustering the amount of strength she had left, she pulled herself up and hit the doorbell weakly.

It felt like time dragged on, and in that time, no one in the household moved. She hit the doorbell again and when no one came to answer, she was convinced he had told them not to. She pulled out her phone and dialled a number then pressed the phone to her ears.

It rang for a while before going into voicemail. Even she was ordered to stay put. A shaky breath escaped her lips as she slid down the door and sat at the doorstep. She rested her head on the door and looked up to the once blue sky.

Dark clouds had started to form and were hiding the blazing sun from view. Great. If only she'd shut up and said what her dad told her to, she wouldn't be in this mess. But although she felt stupid, she also felt as if a small portion of the weight had been lifted off her shoulders it made her smile.

Hinata felt heavy drops of water hit her head slowly. She extended her hands just for it to get wet too. She tilted her head upwards to the sky with closed eyes. The rain drops hit her face quicker then slid down her now pink cheeks before dropping onto the floor.

She hugged herself tight. Wearing a thin dress with an off the shoulder sleeves wasn't really going to protect her from the cold and the weeping of the earth.

Anger.

That was the emotion that swelled up in her. How could someone be that wicked? How could someone be so heartless?

Every passing second she felt the beat of the water meeting with the ground around her quicken and the cold impact on her skin as if millions of poisonous needles were being dug into her skin simultaneously. She shivered vigorously and felt her shoulders rise at least twice a second.

It had been an hour since it's started raining and she sat on the porch outside the house and no one had come to open the door for her. She covered her head with her hands ad buried her face between her legs. She felt warmer liquid trail down her cheeks and dropped onto the floor. Was it the rain or was she crying, she didn't know.