6 | Concealer

Hinata trudged up to her room, gripping the tiny injuries on her arm and leaving a trail of blood behind her. She fumbled with the handle of her door before finally pushing it open and stumbling in.

Her dull eyes scanned her room and dressing mirror, looking for something sharp. With the few strength she had left, she waddled towards her dressing mirror and picked up a needle.

Why couldn't Hiashi just be a loving father for once? He never had or informed her a reason to be the monster he is but here he was, displaying actions of wickedness and inhumanity like someone with no morals whatsoever. She dug the needle into the skin on her left inner wrist, then dragged it up till it reached the inside of her elbows.

Her expression didn't change. She didn't feel anything. Nothing mattered to her at this point. Her entire body was so numb that she would even notice if some one was poking her. This was the negative effect Hiashi had on his own flesh and blood.

She dug another hole, and once again, dragged her skin open till it reached the other side of her arm, completing a full 360. Blood started to pull out of both possibly 3 inch cuts.

Blood.

The sight of the deep red liquid seemed to snap her into a state of panic and insecurity. She mindlessly dropped the needle and it made a clinking noise but everything around her, both sound and sight, were blurry and muffled.

She only thing she saw was her own blood dripping off her arm and onto her tiled floor, making dripping sounds, it was driving her insane. Although she didn't feel the pain of the injury, the sight was strong enough to let her know she was slowly killing herself. Her world was spinning and she couldn't stand straight. Another drop of blood dropped to the floor and the sound snapped her back to reality.

She stripped out of the wet dress she had been wearing the entire time, revealing previous scars, bruises and fresh cut, then rushed into her bathroom, turning the tap on to fill the bathtub. While it filled, she looked into the mirror.

There was a girl.

This supposedly happy and beautiful girl, almost an angel in disguise. This girl with the supposedly happy family and a daddy's girl according to some people. That was the girl with many faces. Take off the privilege mask and there you have a suicidal girl. Her true colour and nature.

One who forced herself to smile on day to day basis on things people naturally smile for. One who endured the poisonous words from her one and only father and the maltreatment that followed after. One who on day to day basis think of ways to end her treacherous life and only to some back to the start that she had a little sister who would fall into the arms if monsters if she dies.

She was a girl with many faces.

She pulled herself away from the sink which was right below the mirror and turned off the tap once the bathtub had filled, the crawled in, absorbing the warmth. She dunk her head under the water just to watch red misty clouds form. How bad was she bleeding?

She decided to stay in the bathtub for a while longer. That wouldn't hurt right?

-

The sound of her alarm clock dragged Hinata out of the world of dreams and into harsh reality. Her eyes fluttered open, slowly getting used to the mild sunlight that was pouring in through the semi open window. She looked at her phone and the time read 6:30 in bold letters.

6:30.

Her eyes immediately widened as she shut out of bed in a hurry. Shit. She was going to be late. She scurried into her. Bathroom to clean her teeth and wash her face and hands. She then changed into a mid thigh shorts that stopped just over her bellybutton and a white oversized shirt tucked in.

She walked towards her dressing mirror and her eyes scanned the content but she couldn't find what she was looking for. She frowned slightly before leaving her room and entering Hanabi's.

"Hey Hana? Have you seen my- what are you doing?" The brunette horridly hid the bottle behind her, closing it at the same time and produced a wonky and unconvincing smile.

"H-hi! What did you need?" Her eyes was darting her and there but refusing to meet her sister's. Hinata sighed and walked up to Hanabi, kneeling down to her level on the chair.

"Why do you have my concealer?" She asked, tucking a strand of hair behind Hanabi's ear with her in scared and stitched hands. Hanabi open her mouth to speak then, after close inspection of her sister's face, she bit her lips and turned away. "Hanabi?" Hinata called with a small smile on her face.

"How do you keep smiling?" Hinata rose a questioning eyebrow, her palm creasing Hanabi's cheeks. "I mean look at your face." They both turned to look at their reflections in the mirror and Hinata's smile dimmed. "He keeps hurting you so I can be safe. It's not fair."

"It's really not that bad Hanabi. I promise. Now tell me, why do you have my concealer?" The brunette hesitated for a while before sheepishly revealing her sister's mascara as well as her foundation. Hinata gasped in surprise, a shocked smile forming on her face, "I knew something looked out of place on my desk. Why did you take these?"

"I wanted to try them on...do I look ugly?" Hinata paused for a while, before her shocked smile was replaced with a mischievous one.

"Does Hanabi have a crush on someone?" She asked mischievously, "And is that someone Konohamaru?" The brunette's face flushed as she backed her sister, making Hinata burst out in laughter. "All jokes asides though Hanabi, why would you think your ugly? You are beautiful just the way you are. And if Konohamaru can not recognise that he can eat my dust. Don't change yourself for someone, understand?"

The brunette nodded with a smile on her face, handing the makeup set she had taken without permission back to the owner. Hinata left Hanabi's room and went into hers, setting the makeup set on the desk in front of the mirror. Her smile dimmed as she looked back at her hand, her dull lavender eyes tracing the stitched that circled her arms.

She was stupid. She was so stupid it scared her to death. Like the previous day, and the day before that, she picked up her foundation and concealer, covering the gashes on her hand and the bruises on her face. No one should know or see.

No one had to know or see