12 | New Maid

There was a thick fog of uncomfortable silence that hung low in the lounge room of the Hyūga mansion. Naruto sat proudly, arms crossed above his chest with a satisfied grin, and across him, a nervous Hinata. Her right leg shook repetitively, a quirk she had acquired throughout the years whenever she was nervous, like now. She glanced over at the blonde who mindlessly nodded his head, humming affirmatively.

At the centre of the room stood a maid. She was about Hinata's height and age, with coffee-brown hair tied back in a smooth bun with beautifully unique hetero-chromic brown and green eyes. She was dressed in a blue and white knee-length kimono, the Hyūga maid uniform. Still troubled by the situation, Hinata glanced back at Hiashi, who looked as displeased as he could express in the presence of 'outsiders'.

Hinata was on house arrest and lockdown, meaning for two weeks, she was not permitted to leave the Hyūga mansion under any circumstances. Because of that, every show she was part of had to come to a halt for the time being. She was also not allowed visitors, so when she heard the infamous Naruto Uzumami had visited her with his father ( he took a few weeks off work to be able to visit Kushina in the hospital ) she was, as disgusting as it was, glad of his presence.

She quickly changed out of her translucent lavender nightdress and into something appropriate, which was a cream ankle-length skirt with a purple turtle neck shirt, and rushed down to the sitting room where she witnessed the 5th great Ninja war happening in the minds of the occupants of the sitting room. There were passive-aggressive smiles and glarings and attitudes and giving cold shoulders.

Just like Hinata - and although she did not show it - the brunette in the centre of the room was anxious. She had worked in the Uzumaki/Kazagake mansion for most of her life, and then, all of a sudden, Naruto decides - with her permission of course - that he would give her to Hinata as a personal maid, a wedding gift. And even though the maid had agreed, it didn't change the fact that her heart was racing, and her hands were getting all sweaty. She was nervous, uneasy. And yet she put on a calm and cool demeanour.

Naruto let out a proud laugh, crossing his hands over his chest. "Momo-san," he started, opening his eyes and looking up at the brunette, "Why don't you introduce yourself to Hinata?" He gave the two women a toothy grin and took a step back as if emphasising the wonderful goal he had achieved and that his work was done. The brunette nodded and turned her head to face Hinata, giving a small bow.

"My name is Momona Takahashi and I have worked in the Uzumaki/Namikaze mansion for 10 years, and it would be an incredible honour to work for you, Lady Hinata." Hinata blinked. What?

"Naruto what is the meaning of this?"

"It's a wedding gift, since we are married, I figured I should give you something for permitting yourself to put up with me for a year." Hinata scoffed, placing one leg on top of the other and leaning back on her seat.

"I'm not buying her! It should be the other way around, in fact, she should be rewarded for putting up with you for ten years! I don't even know how she has survived with her mind intact," the bluenette shook her head.

"My mind's not intact Hinata-sama." Momona was able to stutter out, her face twisting as she tried to fight back overflowing tears. Hinata laughed a scoffing kind of laughter, glaring at the blonde who stood in front of both girls. Momona's heart raced. Was she going to become the personal maid of a psychopath? (Who's gonna tell her?)

"Naruto Uzumaki," she spoke, standing up and walking towards the brunette. She slowly placed her hands on the girl, "Look at her. She's about to cry because of you! Who knows what kind of stupid tricks and pranks you pulled when she still worked for you? For I know, you could have balanced a chalk board eraser on the door of her chamber room because you bored out of your mind and wanted to annoy someone!" Naruto laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. Hinata scoffed, taking a step back, "Seriously? I want a divorce."