14 | "...ghosts aren't scary..."

It had finally been one long week of house arrest and Hinata was more than overwhelmed when she was finally allowed to step into natural daylight. On the other hand, her one week of imprisonment allowed her to fully, well, partially open up to her new personal maid, just to find out that they both had lots of things in common, like creating murder lists.

Today, Hinata was very happy, strangely enough considering the fact that she'd always wake up with dark circles around her eyes. She was happy because maybe she wasn't so lonely after all, and maybe because all those inspirational speakers who spoke about seeing the light at the end of the dark tunnel were right, and maybe because Naruto had begged her to accompany him to a funfair to end the autumn season.

She giggled to herself as she sunk deeper into her porcelain cream bathtub, bubbles forming at the surface of her water. She stared silently into her steamy bathroom, numerous events that happened in the past week running through her mind. After her house imprisonment, she had a girls' day out with the girl group with Temari who had moved to Konoha temporarily from Suna for her engagement with Shikamaru Nara and her personal maid Momona.

It was better than she expected it to be, with Sakura ranting about how her dad forced her to marry the stone-cold Uchiha Sasuke who was Hinata's previous fiancé and so understood her pain. Sasuke was not a person to talk to casually and with a person with little to no emotions, he was quite the bipolar type, one that she had witnessed and one that Sakura would not keep fussing about. Long story short, she hated her fiancé, and the fact that they'd had some kind of history together didn't make anything better.

Not that it was an issue to her, but Momona had communicated with her friends better than she had anticipated, saving her the work and stress of having to fill in the awkward atmosphere and include the brunette in their girls' talk because she wasn't 'part of them' yet. She could laugh and talk to people she was familiar with, who didn't control her or try to live her life for her. It was nice.

So when Naruto called, for the first time after they had exchanged numbers which were probably months ago, and asked her to go out with him to an amusement park because he was bored and Kushina forced him to even in her vulnerable state she was so intimidating. When he'd called her, she feared he was being held hostage by idiot nappers asking her to pay money so he will be released. For the record, she would have hung up and left him there. They would probably throw him out in the first hour.

Anyways- she was equally bored, and asides from her and Momona gossiping about how much of bitch Hiashi was as a father and a secondary master, she honestly had nothing else to do, acting not included. Hanabi had travelled to Kyoto to stay with her grandparents and learn how to be a proper lady because currently, Hinata was doing a brilliant job in keeping the Hyūga Main Family's reputation high. In Hiashi's mind at least.

So she was left in an empty house with maids who didn't squeak a sound, a maid who actually cared about her, and the devil himself. Wasn't that fantastic? Momona helped her pick out an outfit after a group call with the rest of the girls because 'it was such a huge step forward that you and Naruto are going on a date'. It was not a date, she was just doing Kushina a favour by babysitting. And obviously, they rolled their eyes, ordering Momona to throw dresses which she liked and thought were best fit at Hinata, which she gladly did.

At the end of their chaotic call, she finally settled with baby blue boyfriend jeans that were slightly ripped at the knees accompanied with a black oversized crop top. But the thing that poked Hinata was the fact that that was the first option she was given and the first option she chose, but no, she had to leave her date speechless. This was all Ino's doing for context.