28 | Plan C?

Naruto woke up with the bright sun rays entering the room through the half-opened window. The air was cool and surprisingly warm for December but who was he to complain? He had to enjoy the weather until the whole of Japan was drowned in snow. He sat up, then realised he had a blanket over him. I don't remember going to bed with a blanket, he frowned slightly, then shrugged it off, better than sleeping in the cold dead night.

He got to his feet and went into the opposite room where Neji was staying with the brunette helping him to navigate towards the kitchen in mind. He was about to open the door with it opened on its own, revealing Tenten.

"Oh, hi Naruto!" She grinned at him, then stepped out of the room paying no attention to the Hyūga who was calling her back, his face painted a bright red colour.

"You okay man?" The brunette glared at him and he held his hand up, surrendering to a fight that had not begun, "Before you snap at me, I was just being a kind and considerate friend looking out for your wellbeing, now Where's the kitchen? I'm hungry." Neji rolled his eyes,

"Follow me," he muttered, faint dust of pink still present on his cheeks. Naruto fought the smug grin that was growing on his face as he watched the Hyūga fight with himself over feeling flustered by what Tenten had done. "I can hear you snickering and you can eat your laughter for breakfast," he snapped, making Naruto burst out in laughter.

"Sorry Mister I'm-not-in-love, I had no idea I was smiling," he cackled between laughter making Neji scowl even more. They were nearing the kitchen in the main building when they heard loud clanging like pots and pans being smashed against each other. Suddenly, Tenten appeared beside Neji who became stiff as a log in her presence. However, Naruto wasn't bothered about his little friend's inability to cope with flirting from someone he actually liked, instead, "What was that noise?" Tenten looked at him, then hummed,

"Hmm? That- ohh, well you haven't been here for a while so it's quite hard to explain. Just watch." Her answer which didn't answer his question left the blonde confused till they reached the kitchen. Naruto, being the person on the far end, opened the door and just as he did, a sachet came flying through the hair and hit directly at the door frame which would have been his face if he didn't have quick reflexes. "Good morning guys," Tenten greeted casually, walking into the room while Naruto was still paralysed. What?

"Hanabi!"

"Nee-sama!"

Both sisters stood across each other around the island table that stood in the middle of the kitchen, knives and pans in their hands. Hanabi reached for the drawer behind her and opened it. It clinked as forked knives and spoons shifted and she took out a knife, holding it in front of her.

"I already told you, I'm making breakfast today! And it's sushi!" She yelled and Hinata snatched a knife from the worktop behind her,

"And I'm telling you, you'll burn the whole house down! I'm making pancakes for us today!" Hanabi yelled at her again, throwing the knife while Hinata blocked it with hers, then threw it. If flew across the room, past Hanabi and right under the sachet that struck the door frame next to Naruto.

"Alright guy, calm down. I'll warm the gyoza I found in the freezer yesterday," Tenten sighed, stepping in between the sisters to stop them from killing themselves. They both complied with a smile, putting their weapons away.

"I was craving for some gyoza anyway. Hanabi help me set up the table." The brunette nodded and helped her sister stack out plates. Naruto was still confused about what had gone down in front of him and turned to Neji who sat casually at the table reading a book for explanation.

"This happens a lot when Hanabi stays in Kyoto for a long time. The night before they have some sister talk and then the next day they fight over who makes breakfast with knives and pans, then Tenten comes and separates them and we eat breakfast. Standard Hyūga stuff I thought you would know." The blonde scowled at his friend, slumping down beside him.