27 | Night Stroll

Hinata rested her head on the brunette's head, slowly raking her hand through her soft brown hair. Hanabi hugged her sister back, her head resting on her stomach as they lay on the veranda outside of the house, gazing up at the stars.

"Nee-sama," Hanabi called, drawing circles around her sister's stomach. She couldn't feel the tickle because of the layers of clothes she had on due to the drop in temperature, but she still giggled, pushing her hand away softly,

"Yes?" She hummed her hand still in her hair. The brunette sighed, folding her legs up to her stomach and resting over Hinata's so she was partially above her. "What is it?"

"When am I gonna come back home?"

"What's wrong? Do they hit you? Abuse you? What did they do to you? I knew it wasn't a good idea to let you come here! Tell me who it is-"

"Calm down nee-sama, I'm actually fine here. Grandma and Grandpa are actually really nice they have never even raised their voice at me. But it's so boring and quiet around here. The maids are distant and dry and every time I try to talk to them they're always keen on ending the conversation and walking away. There's no one my age around here so it's just me and it gets lonely." Hanabi's grip around her sister's waist tightened and Hinata stared down at her brown lock.

"I will try to visit you as often as I can. Not just on school holidays. I promise."

"Don't stress yourself too much or overwork yourself. Do your thing at your time. I only told you cuz there was no one to talk to it wasn't a way of guilt-tripping you into spending all your time with me. I promise. Besides," amusement was now evident in her voice when she tilted her head up to face her sister, "You need to spend more time with your Naruto-kun." Hinata pushed her head away as her face flushed deep crimson a tomato would be jealous.

"Shut up! Who taught you all these things? And besides, what about your nonexistent love life?" Hanabi huffed with a smug smirk on her lips,

"Hah! I don't need one because I'm too perfect for a man," she yawned, falling onto her back to gaze up though her eyes were half closed.

"Don't flatter yourself Hanabi. I heard there was a boy named Konohamaru who comes to the Hyūga Mansion every day asking for a 'Hanabi'". Hinata knew what she was doing because the brunette who was already half asleep jumped up in surprise, tackling the girl down and interrogating her to make sure she wasn't lying. "Why would I lie about that? You can ask Neji-nii-san, he's the only person I can't convince to lie with me. Let's talk about this another time when you're wide awake. The torment will have more effect."

"Nee-sama!" Hinata giggled as she helped the girl to her feet, then onto her back as her eyelids were heavy and she couldn't stand still without falling over. "Thanks," she muttered softly before drifting off to sleep. Hinata smiled and she made a steady and slow journey towards Hanabi's room, laid her gently on her bead then planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Good night Hanabi," she whispered then silently closed the door. What now? Hinata was still wide awake as the thoughts of what happened since the start of the school year raced through her mind on the journey back to her room which she wasn't sure she was even going to sleep in. Of all the events that took place, the most that almost left her crippled and shaken with fear was the anonymous caller, but she wasn't telling anyone about that. She slid the door to their room open to find Naruto just about reaching for it. "Naruto?"

Suddenly her face flushed red as she remembered what she and Hanabi had talked about. She doesn't even use honorifics on his name where did she get that from? "Oh, Hinata? Why are you up this late?"

"I should be asking you the same thing." Naruto sighed,

"Couldn't sleep?" She glanced down at her feet in her thick house slippers and gave a small nod. The blonde stuffed his hand into the pocket of his pyjama with another sigh, "Me neither. Wanna go for a walk?" He gestured towards to door and Hinata shrugged.