20 | Draw a Line

Sakura had been arranged to be engaged to Sasuke Uchiha, the heir to the Uchiha modelling business and she thought, disgustingly, she might try and make peace with the Uchiha once more. Their history was in the past and they are in the present, going into the future and what better way to do that than to leave you last behind? This was all naïve Sakura thinking. It was a stupid idea and it was not gonna work, but when had she ever paid attention to her inner's advice?

She stood in front of the Uchiha Mansion because all parents seemed to enjoy dumping their kids in their fiancé's/fiancée's houses and so here is Sakura. But her situation was worse than usual because she was made to spend a week with the Uchiha family. She waited patiently, tugging at the sleeves of her turtleneck shirt and occasionally, the straps of her black purse. Finally, the door clicked open and there stood the most beautiful woman she had ever seen.

The woman's onyx eyes sparkled with admiration and excitement as her eyes landed on Sakura who stood nervously at the door. The woman with smooth charcoal-tinted hair opened her hands wide, forcing the pinkette into a warm embrace. "I have been waiting all week for you!" She exclaimed, prying herself off the girl but still holding onto her arm.  "Come, Sasuke and Itachi went to an Autumn fair and will be back soon so it's a little quiet here. Well, it's technically always quiet but whatever. This week is gonna be so fun!" Sakura watched her mother-in-law mutter to herself which made her wonder how lonely she would have felt with two introverted and arrogant (Sasuke) children.

She was led up the carpeted stairs and as she walked, she scanned to interior designs, noticing that a pallet of black and red seemed to run throughout the house, from the sofa to rug and wall and even the lights had a red tone. They reached the second floor of the house and she was guided to a door which Mikoto opened for her. She muttered a small 'thank you', walking into the room behind the older woman. She was immediately enveloped in a space of black and red clouds. The walls, bedsheets, pillows, floor, curtains and so on.

"This is your room." The woman smiled, helping Sakura drag her suitcase into the room fully.

"It looks...unique?" The words came out more like a question than a statement which made the woman laugh.

"Our family is unique. Get yourself settled, the boys will be back soon okay?" Sakura nodded as she watched Mikoto walk out of the room, flashing her a sweet smile before completely disappearing. She let out a deep sigh, glancing around the room.

"This screams Sasuke," she muttered to herself, deciding to unpack first rather than stare in awe. She opened one of the wardrobes to find a collection of black clothes with red clouds on some of them. They looked pretty comfortable and her size so after filling the empty spaces with her clothes, she picked a set of black sweatpants and an oversized black shirt with a red cloud in the middle.

She scoffed, eyeing herself in the mirror by the corner of the room. She ruffled her hair with a sigh and decided to clear up her clothes into her hand back, deciding to tidy them up later, then skipped down the stairs. She stopped in the middle of the hall. Shit, she thought, glancing to her right, then to her left, I'm lost.

She turned back to her right, trying to retrace her steps and remember the route Mikoto had led her through but with the whole building having the same black and red glow she wasn't sure which was her right or left anymore. She flinched as she heard the doorbell ring throughout the whole building and a sudden wave of fear washed over her. The stoic Uchiha brothers were home and she was lost.

She switched to a flight or fight state of mind, contemplating whether to rush back up the stairs to her room or manoeuvre through the maze of a house and make her way to the kitchen so she could seem she was not on the verge of tears. She pursed her lips while her toxic mind kicked in. It can't be that hard to make it to the kitchen, her Inner spoke to her and she stupidly agreed, nodding her head and spinning back round on her heels towards where ever.