March of the Oni: Chapter 2 - Into the Breach

Start from the beginning

"It's getting really close, really fast!"

She watches the ship plummet. Her chains disappear. "NO!" She and her dragon start to chase after the falling ship.

Zane pulls his body with the help of the levers and the ship's walls. He edges closer and closer to the switch.

The ship was getting real close to the ground now.

He raises his hand in the air and presses the button.

The Bounty's sails reopen and the thrusters turn back on. It soars back in the air and slowly rises back over the clouds. Everyone falls back on the ship, and try to regain their breathe. Katarina lands back on the ship and falls onto the ground beside Lloyd, completely exhausted from the ordeal.

Lord Garmadon, who was still completely unfazed by the whole ordeal, puts all four of his hands on his hips. He glances at the button. His eyebrows furrow, not knowing him pressing the button would cause everyone to fall almost to their deaths. "That button should be labeled."

Nya gets back up and scoffs at him. She puts her hands on her hips as she watches him leave. "It is labeled! It says 'Don't push while in motion!'"

Lloyd helps his sister get back up. The Ninja and Pixal watch Lord Garmadon climb down the ladder. "Perhaps it would be wise to accompany your father, Lloyd, to prevent further... mishaps." Zane offers to Lloyd.

Lloyd groans angrily. "Ugh, I can't believe I have to babysit my own father." He climbs down the ladder, and rushes towards his father, only to find him in one of the ship's corridors. His father was standing in front of a door.

"Where does this go?" He asks his son.

"Nowhere. That's a closet." Lord Garmadon opens the door anyway by turning the handle. Once the door was fully open, a bunch of cleaning supplies, brooms, and mops fall out of their confined space. Lloyd sighs and kneels down to pick the contents up and put him them in their proper place.

Lord Garmadon, unwillingly to help his son out with this chore, turns around, only to be faced with another door opposite to the one he just opened. His curiousity getting the best of him once again, he opens the door. "And this one?"

Lloyd closes the door to the closet and turns around. He watches his father go in. "That's our sleeping quarters." He answers, following a short distance after his father.

Lord Garmadon looks around the room. There were beds placed on opposite sides of the room. Opposite to him and Lloyd were pictures of the Ninja's memories, friends and family. There were some pictures above the ship where the controls reside, but there were much more in their sleeping quarters. Behind him and Lloyd were weapons, mainly spears and swords.

"This is where you sleep? In this tiny... " He moves his upper hands closer and closer together to emphasize this small space. "Compartment?"

Lloyd scoffs. "It's not a compartment, it's a cabin." He gestures a hand around to prove his point. "We're on a ship, remember?"

Lord Garmadon walks over to the corkboard and picture frames that held a large amount of pictures. "And what are these?"

Lloyd spots the pictures and walks over to his father. "Just pictures."

"Do they celebrate some conquest or victory?"

He shakes his head. "No, they're just pictures." Lord Garmadon's eye catches a picture of himself when he was reformed, and his son, who was a bit younger at the time. They were looking at each other lovingly in the picture. "You know, memories, good times."

He picks up the picture frame where the photo resides. "Who is that?" Lloyd turns his attention away from the corkboard and towards the picture frame.

"That's you." His eyebrows furrow sadly. He gives his father a solemn look. "Don't you remember?"