|it was always you|

Start from the beginning

And honestly, Lea hadn't cared about anything outside of her bubble. She would live. She would die. And the world would still turn. Like Ethan said, she was just a cog in the machine. A really small part that held no actually use but was still there to be there.

(And now she was learning that she was bit more than just a cog. Hell, she and Percy were kind the pieces that could self-destruct said machine and blow it all up for everybody.)

"If you would have asked me this before last winter, I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly. I would have even joined up with you to make our own separate group outside of Titans and Olympians. A Team Free Will so to speak, but..."

"But?"

"But now, I still agree somewhat. There are no right or wrong answers. There are some very shitty people on the gods' side." Drew had told her all about her fuckass half-brother, Eros. And that was without mentioning the minor gods that Hermes was telling her about. The ones that were switching sides because they couldn't find respect with the gods (and subsequently, the ones that stayed on the gods' side because apparently, she reawakened the respect for them. Some of them even came back from nearly fading away. Talk about pressure.) "And there are a lot of shitty people on the Titans' side." Looking at the asshole Atlas and well obviously, Trent, Luke, and Kronos.

"Then what's the point?"

"Aliens' above, this is going to sound so cheesy, but the fact of the matter is... there is no wrong or right side. Both sides believe that they're doing the right there." Even if she still thought Luke and now Trent were dumbasses. She could admit that they went with the only choice that they thought they had. "Okay, a small thing can lead to an even bigger problem. Like, okay. Let's look at Norse myths. Everybody likes blaming Loki for everything. And even when he's helping them, the second anything goes wrong. It's his fault. And man, if I thought that the Olympians needed therapy, they ain't got nothing on the norse but let's get into this."

Ethan was looking at her a bit confused but completely focused.

"Loki was a jǫtunn. Well, technically, he was half-jǫtunn because his Mother was Laufey and Laufey is listed among Ásynjar. Anyway, he represents chaos. And there is debate around his name Lopt, which is generally considered derived from Old Norse lopt meaning 'air', and therefore points to an association with the air."

Never let it be said that Lea didn't do her research.

"And just about every other jǫtunn that's mention represents another force of nature." And if Lea thought living on the body of a planet was bad, she didn't walk to think about living on the corpse of one. Poor Ymir. "The etymology for jǫtunn meant to eat, greedy, consuming, and gluttonous. Logi was the god of fire. Kári, the wind. Ægir, the sea. Hell, all nine of Ægir's daughters represented the sea. Hela was death. Nótt was Night. Loki spent his time with Æsir. He helped them and tricked them. He was something that didn't align with their beliefs to be so straight forward and narrow. He didn't fit in with status quo. Thats something I can admire."

Which said a lot about her and the company she kept.

(Said a lot about her being mated to Hermes who could arguably be the counterpart to Loki and Odin, but she didn't care for that stuff bastard.)

"In Prose Edda, it says: 'There is yet one who is numbered among the asas, but whom some call the backbiter of the asas. He is the originator of deceit, and the disgrace of all gods and men. His name is Loki, or Lopt'."

"Where are you going with this?"

"Give me a second will ya?" She gave him an irritated look. "Anyway, the thing about Norse mythology is that they fall to the sense of self fulling. Odin gets a völva, a priestess, to tell him about Ragnarǫk. She tells him that the kids of Loki were all instrumental in starting the end. And when the gods hear about the kids, they take them away. Hel is cast away to the land of the dead to rule over them. The wolf is chained until the end of the world. And the serpent was cast into the sea."