CHAPTER-17

Author's POV

The day at office continued as usual.. None of them bothered to speak each other unnecessarily. Shreenika tried to talk to Vihaan during recess, but he clearly ignored her..

Few nights later

Vihaan came out of the car looking exhausted.. He drowned himself in work to avoid his wife.. Few days ago he signed her application from transfer. She wanted to scream in his face, but knew that it will not help.

She herself sent him the letter, so their was no point to brag about this to him. She shifted her items from the office to house and started preparing for her leave..

She is transferred to some town in Jaipur.. Although the distance between Jaipur and Delhi was of 5 hours from road, but the distance from him is what hurting her the most..

He has not spoken to her from the last few days.. After their argument, he has been quiet..

He gets up in the morning, have his breakfast and leaves. He comes late at night and ignores her when she asks about his whereabouts..

He tries to ignore the feeling and is trying to get use to her being distant from him breaks his heart into million of pieces..

He came inside the house and found the lights off.. Its weird.. She waited from him, where is she now..?

He climbed the stairs and peeked inside their son's room. But she was not their. They have sent Ivaan to her parents so that she can solve the problems in her life.. None of their parents know about things happening in their married life..

He went towards their bedroom and knocked few times before entering.. The room was dark and he felt sweat running from him forehead.. He was scared, scared to lose her..

"Shreenika.." He called her names few times but got no response in return.. He searched for in their walk in closet and even in the balcony. But she was nowhere..

He was about to call her parents but got up to check the bathroom.

He opened the door and his mind went blank.. Her body on the ground with blood oozing out from both of her wrists.. 

She tried to kill herself..

He ran towards her and took her head on his lap and tried to wake her up.. Tears streamed down his eyes, he felt like his soul is sucked out his body..

He checked her breathing and thankfully it was still working.. He picked her in his arms and ran towards the door..

He asked his driver to drive to drive the car at hospital.. He called Raima and asked her to bring her team..

(Raima is Shreenika's doctor.)

He also called her and his parents..

After few minutes..

Half an hour has passed since Shreenika was admitted in the hospital.. She was in ICU.. Raima mentioned that she has lost a lot of blood, but they will try their best..

Vihaan was sitting on the chair with his no expression face.. He did not knew what he wanted to do.. Naysa was at home with their son.. She also got the news and wanted to come, but her mother told her to stay with Ivaan..

Few hours passed and soon Raima exited and Vihaan ran towards her.. She asked him to visit her cabin and told others to keep calm..

He came inside her cabin and sat on the chair.. She passed him the glass of water but he rejected politely.. He wanted to know the condition of his wife before anything..

"How she became suicidal..? She never mentioned about this.." He asked and Raima dropped her head much to his disappointment..

"I never told you the full truth Vihaan.. This is not her first time, she tried taking her life few more times.. The last attempt she made was 2 days before your wedding.. She overdosed on sleeping pills.." She explained..

He wanted to kill himself.. His knuckle turned white as his dug his nails in his palm.. What can't anyone tell him the whole truth at once?

"This is what we feared.. She is living like dead.. We saved her, but it seemed like she didn't wanted to live.. I am scared about her.. What will she do without you..? Your few days of ignorance has affected her this much.."

He nodded and got up from his seat.. He told their parents about her health and asked them to rest.. Although the mothers didn't agreed but he somehow convinced them..

Vihaan sat in the waiting along with Arjun, Naysa's husband.. They got married 5 months ago.. He still remembered how happy Shreenika was when she got the news of her younger sister's wedding..

The time when everything was fine..

 2 weeks later

Shreenika was finally discharged from the hospital, but was advised to take rest.. Vihaan was typing on his laptop meanwhile her head was on his shoulder..

"I was only 14 years old when all this started.." Vihaan looked over his shoulder and found Shreenika's eyes filled with tears..

TBC

But wait.. I have something to share with you guys..

My new book Sirf Tum is collection of short stories

I got few requests and want you guys me to sent me more..
Coming real soon..