CHAPTER-08

Author's POV

Next day Vihaan got up early to check on his wife... He tried to open the door of the guest room which was thankfully not locked...

He peeked inside and found Shreenika sleeping soundly... He went near her and sat on the bed maintaining distance...

He caressed her face and pecked her forehead... "I Love You..." He whispered near her ear... He covered her properly with a duvet and got up to prepare breakfast...

After he left the room, soft sounds of sobbing started coming... Shreenika removed the duvet from her body and sat properly on bed... She was awake all this time but stayed quiet to observe his behaviour...

She wisped her tears and decided to accept her reality... How much she can run away from him... After all he is her husband... She has to trust him...

After getting ready she reached downstairs and found him sipping coffee while reading newsletter on his tablet... He looked up and found him standing near the dining table...

"Good morning..." He said in a low voice... "Morning..." She tried sounding cheerful...

"Whatever happened..." She was cut off in the middle by her husband... "Let's not discuss about it... You were not ready... I should understand this..." He said in a calm voice...

"Maybe... Hume try karna chahiye... We have to give this a chance..." She replied while holding his hands...

He tried to understood her gesture but failed miserably... "We can wait... Khud ko force mat karo..." He said...

She nodded and got up to make the breakfast... "Maine nasta bana diya hai... Tum kha lo... Phir office bhi jana hai..." He drank the last sip of his coffee...

She nodded and grabbed at plate...

After a week...

Vihaan and Shreenika were getting ready for his friend's son's birthday... He was having a tough time tying his tie... He removed it and ran his fingers through his hair...

Shreenika looked at his tactics and took the tie from his hand... 'main bandh dun...?" She asked while looking at the tie...

He placed his finger under her chin and made her look up... "Look at me when you are talking to me..." She gulped harshly while nodding...

She tied the tie around his neck and took at step back... He pulled her closer by her waist... She placed her hands on his chest and tried to maintain some distance...

He leaned down and joined their foreheads together... "How do you manage to look so beautiful everyday...?" He whispered in a husky voice...

She didn't reply and stood in the same position... He removed his forehead from hers and looked at her...

Her eyes were closed and her lips were quivering... She opened her eyes and looked at him... He looked at her eyes and then at her lips...

"Can I...?" He asked in a low voice... She nodded slowly making his gulp...

In no time his lips on her kissing them softly... She held his shirt in her knuckles and kissed him back... He smiled in between and kissed her more passionately...

After few minutes he let go of her lips and again joined their foreheads... "I Love You..." He said with his eyes closed...

He hugged him not wanting to reply... he hugged her back and stayed like it for few minutes...

After they broke the hug Vihaan wiped her messed up lipstick and got downstairs to bring the car...

She sat in front of the mirror and retouched her makeup in a deep thought...

Shenika's POV

Why didn't I feel butterflies...? Why does his touch never affect me.? If he loves me than I should feel it too right...?

Maybe... I am not made for LOVE....

TBC